12

Amber

Control yourself Amber....everything will be okay he has no way to take the kids. 

I calm myself before sitting up straighter and  looking at him in the eye trying my best to show little to no emotion so he won't see my panic. 

"Mr.Black I can't help you since I don't know your wife much less your kids. So I suggest you leave me and my family alone. I've told you multiple times that we have nothing to do with you. My kids are not your kids." I tell him as he just sat there calmly with a smile on his face.

"Amy you have become quite funny over these past years. My silly girl I might have forgotten to mention this but by law we are still married my dear. I never actually filed the divorce papers." he said as he got up and walked over to me.

My eyes wide as I hear his words. 

"No it can't be I signed the papers Lu-Mr.Black" I shake my head in disbelief.

He comes closer and sits right next to me as he pulls my hand away from my face. I look at him just trying to read what he was thinking. 

Just what is he playing at. Why is he messing with me like this, was I always just a game to him. I feel like I'm going crazy I don't know what is going on. 

"Amber please give us a chance again. We can become a happy family like we were before, no even better because know we have kids and there will be no one wanting to hurt us." What is he talking about who-

"Stop it Lucian!" I get up as I walk over the the window. 

"How can you just come here saying all this? Am I just a game to you? If so, so far I think your winning." I give up just what exactly is his purpose.

"Lucian have...have I ever done something to make you hate me so much that you can't let me live a peaceful life?" Tears were threatening to fall but I tried to blink them away.

"What? Amber look at me. I have never hated you! I had to push you away to protect you. There are things you didn't know about me even when we first met. Things I didn't tell you because I wanted you to stay with me. In the end it was too dangerous to stay by my side." he said as he took hold of my face. He looked desperate

"Just what was so dangerous Lucian...why did you leave me alone when I needed you the most...you have no idea the pain I went through and especially when I found out that I almost lost my babies do to all the stress I was feeling. I had no one to help me for a while till I met Julia and Mark." At this point I was crying and I had confessed that the kids were his too. 

I felt him pull me to his chest as he held me tightly in his arms. 

"I'm sorry Amber everything is my fault I should have told you the truth. I should have told you that my family was involved in the mafia business. I should have told you many people were after my head and after knowing that I had gotten married they wanted to kill my only weakness. Amber I didn't want you to die because of me." He tells me as I stiffen in his hold.

But the truth is I actually knew already....

My uncle is part of the american mafia and when he attended my wedding and saw Lucian he warned me to stay alert because his family was a strong one but also a wanted one. I know many wanted him dead but I wasn't scared. 

I had waited for him to tell me the truth himself but he never did.

"Lucian-" "No Amber before you say anything I have to tell you that there is no no one who would dare come after us. It took me a few years but I finally made it safe enough for you to come back to me." He said as stood still in his arms. 

"Lucian I already knew about you being in the mafia....and I was not afraid. My uncle is part of it to and told me way before you did. I waited for you to tell me but you never did. We could have worked together on this Lucian. What you did was no excuse." I don't know what to do.

"Lucian I need time to think.  So give me time to think things over please" I push him away from me as I make my was out of the living room.

*****

Lucian

"I won't show you out. So please show your self out"

I watch as Amber walks away as she hugs herself, I didn't like seeing her this way. I want to see her smile again. 

To think that she had known my secret all along, yet I pushed her away without telling her anything. I still hope she understands that I did it to protect her.

I make my way to the front door and open it. I close it as I step out and walk over to my car and just as I am about to unlock my door. 

"Mr.Black"

I turn to find my three kids. They looked just like her except for their eyes. 

"Yes" I say as I look down at them. I know that they are protective over Amber. Which makes me happy.

"we don't like you making our mom sad." Bella said

"I also don't like it when she is sad. In fact she is much beautiful when she smiles" I tell her

"Sir even if you are our father, we will not accept you since you hurt mom in the past."

"mom has told us before that our father was a great person he loved all of us. But we didn't believe her. We never asked mom about dad since we are happier without one." I smile at the boys and ruffle their hair, getting a glare in exchange.

"I understand how you feel, but your mommy is still my wife. There will be a day when we will all be a family again. I won't pressure you all to understand but I'm glad she was able to give you three the love I couldn't in the past. I will see you all soon" I got in my car as I waved at them and drove off.

It's going to take a while to win them over but it will be worth it in the end.