8

Amber

I felt my heart skip a beat, just that simple phrase makes me have butterflies in my stomach. He looked so hurt as he begged me. I never dreamed of the day I would see him cry like this. Lucian was always a very strong and dominate person, he showed no weakness to anyone. But now here he was before me as he cries telling me he wants me back. 

As he cries into my lap I can't help but run my hand over his head as to calm him down. It took me six long years to become as strong and independent as I am today. I have my three children to take care of, I have no time dwell in the past. I will forgive him but not forget what he did to us.

"Mr.Black...please get up. I will for give you for what you have done to me but this does not mean I am willing to go back with you." I tell him as he raises his head.

"Amy please call me Lucian, I don't like it when you address me this way." he says as he takes hold of my hands. "And whats the point in being forgiven if I can't have you with me? Amy i want you with me, let us be together once again. We can start over." he said as he kisses my hand

"No Lucian, I have no time to waste on the past. How many times do I have to tell you I have moved on and you should do the same. I have my own family now" I tell him as I stand up felling frustrated with the development of the situation. 

"Family? Don't tell me that you consider that Jason guy your family now or what have you guys had a kid already?" as he spoke his voice became louder. The word family slipped from my mouth.

"Lucian it has nothing to do with you please understand" my head was beginning to hurt from all this arguing 

*ring* *ring*

 My phone began to ring before he could speak. As I reach for my purse I find Lucian already has it and is taking out my phone. I felt a wave of worry wash through me as I watch him took at the id caller. I hoped it wasn't the kids.

"so you have him as my loves?" he said as he showed me the screen. I reached for my phone but he had already answer. I bite my lip knowing that he was about to find out about my children.

"Mommy are you there?" I could here mason ask. Lucian looked at me with wide eyes as he puts it on speaker

"Mason why isn't mommy answering?" I here Bella ask her brother. At this point I was almost crying as he had heard the voices of my babies the one I have been trying to hide. 

"Jason what do you think she is doing?" Mason asked with him saying that name Lucian glared at the phone but looked very confused. 

"mommy?" 

"hello" Lucian finally said causing the kids to go silent on the other line.

"who are you and where is our mommy?" Jason said as he was the first to brake the silence.

"I'm a friend of your mother can I know your names?" No he can't know I..I don't what him to know. I try to snatch the phone again but he was to quick. 

"oh your mommy's friend! I'm Bella and here are my two brothers mason and Jason, did mommy tell you to pick us for her?" Bella it had to be her she is to friendly for her own good.

Lucian turns to look at me as if he was expecting me to answer his unspoken question. I take a seat as I try to control my feelings. 

"You have nothing to worry about nena your mommy is a bit busy right know and forgot her phone. How old are you?" he asked 

"don't answer that Bella, he's a stranger remember what mommy taught us about them" I hear Mason tell Bella

"Alright sir, tell our mom to call us when she get back then thank you" with that he hung up. 

Lucian throws my phone on the couch as he sits across from me. 

"Amber you had three kids with that guy in the past six years?" he said as he looked hurt and betrayed. I just sat there not looking at him. I still have a chance if he believes that I am still dating a guy named Jason.

When I look up to look at him I find that he isn't in the guest living room. I ran out of the room to look for him only to find him staring at a picture of the kids. 

I saw as his eyes became watery again. 

"Amy you had triplets and in none of these picture do I see a man. Amy be honest with me who is the father? They look so much like you but you can't deny that their eyes are like mine. How old are they?"  I had no words. I have no idea what to do or say I jut shook my head.

Lucian held my shoulders as he looked into my eyes. 

"I don't know what you are expecting me to tell you Lucian, so don't bring your hopes up by thinking they are yours" I say as I don't look away from him.

"you asked why I don't want to be with you, well now you have your answer. My kids and I are happy without a man in our lives. They don't need a stepfather." I am sorry Lucian but I went through to much to get to were I am now. You had no trust and accused me wrongly with out real proof. So don't look like you are the victim in this story.

"how old are they Amy?" he asked again hopeful

"they just turned 5" I lie to him easily so that he will let it go. He closes his eyes and makes his way to my door. 

"I need to be alone for a bit so I am leaving, but I will come back. This is far from over Amber, just remember you are mine"

he leaves as he says that leaving me to my thoughts.

Why did he have to come here from all places, everything was so much better when he wasn't in the picture.