6

Amber

A few days have gone by and so far there has been to sign of Lucian. Don't get me wrong I am more than happy that he hasn't showed up, I am just worried that he may show up in the wrong time when I am with my angels. God knows what he would do if he were to find out, but then again he wouldn't care. A man such as pitiful as him loves nothing.

Luckily I won't have to worry to much since Julia has taken my angels along with her to a trip for spring break this morning. Oh how I will miss my babies. I take out my phone and turn it on and an image of my children appear. Just this image of them brings me so much happiness.

"They haven't been gone for more than three hours and you are already missing them." I laugh as i put down my phone and look up at the owner of this voice. I watch as he smiles at me and takes a seat.

"Can you blame me Mark, I am a single mother of three and this is the first time i let them go somewhere far away without me for so long. Plus the fact that your very pregnant wife is with them isn't helping at all." I say as I raise an eye brow. That woman can burst at any moment. 

"Don't worry I have sent some people to keep them safe, I wouldn't have let Julia and the kids go if I hadn't given the some body guards" he says calmly.  I nod and smile knowing that they would be safe at all times brings me a bit more of relief. They were going to be gone for a week or more.

"so how is the project coming along....."

***********

Mark left after we finished discussing about the project saying he had another meeting at his company. I on the other hand had no meetings as of today but I sure did have a lot of files to go through. I was also getting hungry. I sigh as I lay back on my seat.

*ring*

I sat up when I here my phone ringing. I look at the screen to find it was Julia. I quickly answer since it has been about 10 hours 42 minutes and some seconds since i have heard my babies. And yes I have been counting. 

"Hello?"

"Mommy!" i hear my sweet angels scream 

"My beautiful angels i miss you so much even though it hasn't even been a whole day"

"we miss you to mommy. We wanted to call you to let you know we have just arrived"

"mommy you should really have come with us, it is so pretty here"

"I bet it is. But you know mommy has to work, I'll tell you what once I am done with this project all of us will go on a trip" i tell them as i hear them gasp and jump.

"really mommy?"

"yes my loves, tell me has mommy ever broken a promise before?"

"No! Mommy always keeps her promises" I can hear Mathew and Marten call out to them in the background. 

"Bella, Mason, Jason, I want you on your bet behavior and make sure to stick together. Now I want you to have fun so that when you get back you can tell me all about it. I love you all."

"yes mamma we love you to!" I smile as their words warm up my heart

"I love you" I say as I end the call after saying our goodbyes

I close my eyes and sigh happily.

"The only person you should be say you love is none other than me Amy" my eyes shoot open as I hear an angry voice come from behind me. i turn my chair to face the person whom I wished would just leave.

"I don't remember you being this funny Mr.Black. Got find your self someone else to tell you that they love you because there is no space in my heart for you." I say as I hide all signs of emotion from my face. 

"You wound be Amy. How can you say such cruel words to your husband?" he says as he makes his way around my desk with that smirk of his.

"Don't call me that Mr.Black we are not close. And for your information I am not married, although I was married to a jerk six years ago but that relationship ended before it could even fully develop." I stood my grounds showing no fear. I wanted him to know that he no longer effects me.

He looked surprised for a moment before he laughed 

"what has happened to my Amber? My sweet and innocent wife." he asked as he touches my cheek with his cold hand. I smack his hand away as I keep eye contact.

"Actually, I must thank you for opening my eyes back then. You showed me the darkness of this cruel world and how happiness is just but a mere moment that may disappear if not careful." I give him a fake smile.

"I had to go through a lot to make it to where I am standing now. Luckily I had finished college and had working experience before marrying you or else who would know what would have happened to u-me" I say calmly

"I did wrong okay. I know I messed up big time but that is why I am here. I want to fix it, I want my wife back. I want the girl I went to college with back, I want the woman I love back." he says as he forces me into a hug. 

"That person you are looking for if long gone. Even if she was still here I wouldn't go back with you. You believed some piece of paper over me. You did it once and I am pretty sure you will do it again." I push him away

"Am-"

"Now if this is all you wanted to say I suggest you leave before I call security to show you out" I sit back down and start to read over the unfinished files.

"I won't give up so easily, I will get you back"

I roll my eyes as I see him walk over to the door from the corner of my eye. I

"good luck"