"Sorry, that's what we used to call you when you were little." He apologized.

"No, it's okay." Lily said, "I like it. Harry calls me that too."

"Aww!" Logan grinned, "That's so sweet!"

"Did... did my mum and dad call me that too?" Lily asked.

Remus and Logan exchanged sad glances.

"Yes." Remus said, "They did."

Lily nodded.

"They loved you, Lily." Logan added, "They loved you and your brother so much."

Lily left their office with a light and happy feeling in her heart. The three other girls watched her smiling to herself. When Lily met back up with Harry and he found out about her permission slip, he gained a hopeful grin.

"Do you think I could ask Maya to sing my slip?" He asked.

Lily nodded.

"Thanks, Lil, I think I'll send her an owl now!" Harry beamed, rushing away to send his letter.

Maya owled back right away, but the news wasn't good.

Dear Harry,
I would absolutely love to sign your permission slip, but I'm afraid that you would need permission from a godfather as well as a godmother. Seeing how we don't know who your godfather is, Is afraid that will not work out. :(
I'm terribly sorry Harry, I hope you can still find a way to have fun.

Hoping you are well,
Maya Jackson

Lily looked up from reading the letter Harry had given her to look at.

"I'm sorry, Harry." She said.

"It's okay, I'll just find another way to go." He shrugged, but she could still see his disappointment.

When the Hogsmeade trio came, Lily opted to stay behind with Harry. Ginny, Luna and Lena couldn't go either because they were all in second year. The Potter siblings were simply roaming the halls when Remus found them and invited them for tea with him and Logan.

"Oh hello dears!" Logan greeted the twins as they entered the shared office.

Remus turned to the two students.

"You know, I used to be a dear." He said.

"Oh, hush." Logan laughed, "You know I love you."

"That, I do." Remus replied with a smile.

The four day down around one of the two desks in the room and had their tea, conversing. Harry was staring off into space when Logan spoke up.

"What's on your mind, Harry?" Logan asked, "You seem lost in thought."

"Oh, just, um, the boggart." Harry replied truthfully, "I've been wondering why Remus stepped in front of me."

Logan and Remus exchanged glances.

"Well, it's a bit complicated, you see..." Remus trailed off.

"We were worried about the form your boggart might take." Logan explained.

"Like what?" Harry asked.

"Like Voldemort." Remus said.

The room fell silent.

"I was thinking of him, at first." Harry said, "But then I thought back to the train..."

"The dementors." Logan supplied.

Harry nodded.

"Very wise Harry, the thing you fear most is fear itself." Remus noted.

"I've been thinking and... I want to know how you fight them. How did you make it go away?" Harry asked.

"The patronus charm." Remus said, "It's a handy little spell that repels darkness. Patronus' take the form of an animal. Mine and Logan's is a sparrow."

"Can you teach me?" Harry asked.

There was a pause while Remus and Logan thought it over.

"Would you teach me too?" Lily asked.

Remus looked good Logan who nodded her head.

"It would be good for them." She decided, "To know how to protect themselves."

Harry smiled.

"Alright. Then, we'll have to plan a day when you two can come by and-" Remus was cut off by a sharp knock at the door.

Logan stood up and answered it. Snape stood there, with a vial in his hand. Logan looked unimpressed, but she moved aside so he could enter the room.

"Ah, thank you Severus." Remus said, accepting the vial.

Snape frowned. His gaze shifted across the room and landed on Harry and Lily. Harry instinctively clenched his hand.

"Well?" Logan said, drawing Harry and Snape out of their staring contest, "You'll be on your way then?"

Snape looked hurt again for a millisecond, before nodding curtly and briskly leaving the room. Harry looked over at Remus who was preparing to drink the vial.

"Sir-" He began.

"Hm?"

"I wouldn't-"

Remus drank the vial in one gulp. Harry's eyes widened. Remus smiled reassuringly.

"It's alright, Harry." He said, "Snape wouldn't poison me."

Harry visibly relaxed.

"Not while Logan's around, anyways." Remus mumbled, causing Logan to frown.

"Alright, well Remus should really rest." Logan said, "He needs it around this time of the month."

"Logan." Remus said.

"It's okay." She shook her head, "I'm sure Lena would've told them."

Harry nodded, but Lily was still confused.

"Told us what?" She asked.

Remus nervously glanced at his wife before answering Lily's question.

"I'm a werewolf."