Chapter Seven

"You know I love this shirt of yours" Leah muttered picking up the sheer black shirt hidden behind Mia's cupboard. "But you never wear it"

"Well with the weather Silver Lake has, I don't think I'd ever be able to wear it"

"Oh come on, why do you forget that there's a season called summer"

Mia muttered a whatever and went back to gathering all the sweatshirts and sweatpants she could find while Leah folded them and placed them in boxes. Nick was currently taking out the groceries left downstairs and the other two didn't return yet. As much as this bothered Mia, she refused to think about it.

"I'll take the summer clothes later, just take the winter clothes right now. It'd take me two days if I pack my whole closet." She muttered.

"If it's just the winter clothes we're almost done" Leah grabbed the sweater next to her and put it in the box. She was about to grab the next sweater when she heard Catherine's voice in the next room. "I think they're back" She said.

"I can hear. Go check out what she's screaming about, I'd finish the rest"

Leah sighed. "Call me when you're done" She said before leaving the room.

Five minutes later, Mia's closet was half empty and the boxes were packed. She moved to the windows to close the curtains when she noticed Xander standing a few feet away. He had the look of extreme concentration on his face as he stared at the road behind her house. She pulled the curtains to close them and walked out of the room.

She noticed Leah and Catherine in an heated argument, where it seemed Nick was saying something in support of Catherine to which Leah vehemently disagreed.

"Nick" She called out. "I'm done packing"

The three of them stopped arguing, both Nick and Leah walked to her while Catherine stayed in the Kitchen. The grin of victory evident on her face.

Leah had her shoulders slumped but she maintained the grin on her face. "Someone go find Xander and tell him that we're lea-" She said.

"I'll go" Catherine was gone before Leah could even complete ger sentence. No one could miss the glare Leah had on her retreating frame.

Mia elbowed her when Nick left the room with one of the boxes. She simply shrugged and busied herself in picking up the other box which both she and Mia were going to take out.

There was no sign of anyone in the kitchen when they locked the house and walked in to the garage. Leah helped Mia dropped the box in the backseat of her car and closed the door.

"What's bothering you?" Mia asked finally.

Leah sighed and leaned against the wall. "I don't understand why Catherine has to overdo everything."

Mia shrugged. "Well she is the drama queen" She opened the front door of the car and slid in the driver's seat. "Go ahead in Nick's car, Catherine will probably go with Xander. I'll leave directly."

"Alright." Leah sighed. "See you then"

Mia waited for Leah to leave the garage before starting her car, and leaving the house with one last look. She saw Xander's Rover following her but she lost the sight of them once she started on the hill roads. Driving through the fog was taking all her attention.

Mia had noticed that there was light fog today but she had no idea it'd turn this thick by the evening.

Her phone vibrated in the seat beside her and as she turned to pick her phone up, her eyes fell on the lone figure her car was approaching towards. Pressing as hard as she could on the brake she steered her car away from the figure,  crashing to the hilly side of the road but before she could raise her head up to inspect what had happened, everything turned black.