Chapter 5

Alexia's POV

It's been a few days since I gave my statement and a week since I moved in with them. Micah and I were able to talk calmly and land on this being the best option. It's still weird to not be around Uncle. The memories still haunt me at night and I still jump at sudden movements afraid he is back for revenge.
    The guys and Kourtney have been great. They have given me some space but I mainly work and do homework. It distracted me from a lot. There was a knock on the door drawing me from my thoughts. Walking over, I opened the door and there stood Jaxton. I met him that night I first stayed here. He was a tall red haired boy who was about fifteen if I had to guess.

"Micah wanted me to get you because you were suppose to meet him an hour ago." He said casually but also why didn't Micah come up here himself? Odd.

"Okay, lead the way." I said gently. He nodded before he took me downstairs and down a hall I haven't been down before. He went to a door that had Micah's name engraved in it. Weird, maybe they all have a room like that. Jaxton opened the door to reveal Micah working on something at his desk.

"I'll leave you two." Jaxton said before leaving the room. The office type room was professional almost. The wall behind his desk was just one giant bookshelf. His walls were a deep green with dark brown chairs. The light was brought in from a huge window on the wall to the side of his desk. It was nice but simple. At the dark oak desk was Micah filling out paperwork? Maybe homework? I couldn't tell. His head lifted up and he seemed serious but it went away for a little as he looked at me.

"Alexia we have given you time but you can't stay locked away forever." Micah spoke as he put away the paperwork in a folder before looking at me. Like he was gauging my reaction. He was slightly more intimidating almost like another side of him was showing. 

"I know but I'm just struggling." I said honestly. This has been one of the hardest moments in my life besides mom dying and I still can't get used to freedom.

"We can help. Come on I 'm picking up Sebastian and Kortney. We can get food or something." He said standing up. I nod before he led us out of the room. 

"Everyone here seems to respect you." I spoke thoughtfully. Since I've gotten here I notice a lot of people look up to Micah. He chuckles at my comment almost like an inside joke. 

"You could say that. Come on you're so slow." He joked as we went outside.

"You're the one who pulled me along." I said pushing him slightly. 

"That means hustle." He said pushing me back. 

"Race ya." I smiled as I pushed him and took off too his car. He pulled me back as he raced ahead and won. 

"Yeah try that again bitch." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at his words. 

"You cheated." I mumbled as we get in the car. 

"You're just jealous because I'm so awesome." He boasted as we drove to the pizzeria. 

"Sure you keep thinking that." I smirked. He laughed but we didn't say anything else and just let the radio play in the background. Soon we pulled into the parking lot where the two were waiting. They jumped in and we were off to wherever Micah was taking us. 

"You guys took forever." Sebastian said as the town whizzed past us. 

"Yeah well she was slow getting out." Micah joked. I rolled my eyes at his words. Boys are weird. 

"Well you are slow getting into the car." I argued childishly. 

"Not true! I won!" Micah counterargued. I just stuck my tongue out at them. We shortly arrived at a random cafe. We went through the drive thru and they all order.

"What do you want, Alexia?" Kortney asked nicely. 

"I'm good." I said softly.

"Okay nice to know. Now what do you want?" Sebastian asked with a smile. 

"A snickers coffee." I nearly whispered out still trying to get used to well normal human functions. Uncle would never let me get this stuff. Micah placed the order and we soon had our coffee in hand. 

"How's the coffee, shorty?" Sebastian asked teasingly. I narrowed my eyes at the nickname.

"Shorty?" I asked pretending to be upset. 

"Well yeah you're short." He said bluntly before taking a big sip of his coffee.

"I am not short. I am average height." I scowled at him. 5'5 is not short!

"If that makes you feel better...shorty." He said with a smirk. Micah parked the car as we finally got back home. We get out to see a brown haired boy come out of the house. 

"Hey alpha! I'm going for a run." He said before he did something that isn't possible. Something that only happens in fairy tales. He turned into a freaking wolf!

"What the fuck!" I exclaimed before the world became dark.