Chapter 26

Alexias POV

It was a plan that would work. Kourtney made it fool proof. Everyone else was on board and we would go through with it in a few days. Now we just relax until then.

"Let's go I'm so excited! We can finally leave the house!" Kourtney exclaimed as I came downstairs. We decided to go to the mall together and have a girl's day while the boys do some intense training.

"Same! It's been too long since being in town!" I exclaimed back. We haven't even gone to the pizzeria since this all happened. We hurried towards the door but we're stopped by a voice.

"Can't even say goodbye first?" Luka asked amused. Him and Gaige stood behind us with smiles on their faces.

"Right sorry." I blushed before going and giving Luka a hug goodbye.

"Remember anything happens, anything at all, just call for me in your mind. I will hear you." He smiled at me.

"I got it. See you later Luka." I said before giving him a quick kiss and hurrying towards the door. Kourtney shortly after me. We hurried into the garage, into that same Ford mustang, and we were off. Finally some freedom.

"This is gonna be fun, something we are in desperate need off." Kourtney said as we raced into town. Yes finally some time to ourselves.

{The Mall}

We had a few bags from various stores, enjoying our time and talking about various things including our new mates.

"I can't believe you let him mark you, I thought Micah was gonna blow a vein with you entering like that." Kourtney chuckled as we looked through a few racks at Forever 21.

"Well I mean Luka isn't gonna hurt me and before that he explained what happened to Tara so we don't really have any secrets." I shrugged examining a pink floral crop top.

"I mean at least he told you ahead of time. I'm gonna go try this on." She said taking a few hangers towards the dressing room.

"Me too." I said following shortly after her into the one right next to her. We tried on our outfits before exiting. We didn't find anything we really liked so off to the next shop. It was nice to have our time to ourselves. We walked towards the food court area before I had the urge to go to the bathroom.

"I will be right back, you go ahead and get the food." I said before heading into the bathrooms. It was oddly quiet, guess I have to make this quick. As I did my stuff and went to wash my hands I felt a presence behind me. Turning I saw no one other than Uncle. His yellow tooth smile made me cringe.

"You're a fool, but don't worry you're coming home with us now." He said before grabbing me by my hair and smashing my head into the sink. Next thing I know is pure darkness.

{Few hours later}

Pain I woke up in extreme pain. My eyes popped open to a new location. It was an old jail? I think I can't tell. My head was pulsating pain. I tried to bring my hands up but they were bound to the wall. Shit.

"Bout time you woke up. You have taken worse hits before." Uncle said coming from the darkness.

"Uncle what the fuck do you want?" I spoke with venom.

"Surely you know the answer to that, your cooperation of course well I mean her cooperation. You are what the leverage." He chuckled. I looked across from me and there was Kourtney in the same position I was.

"She won't do it. She won't start the machine for you." I said boldly as Kourtney started to wake up.

"Oh you would be surprised what people will do under the right conditions. Like if her mate was in danger, the danger you put him in." He smiled. I looked around and saw Gaige tied in a chair behind some bars.

"You're a monster!" I exclaimed pulling on the restraints. Heat filled the right side of my face. Uncle didn't slap like Mr. Quinton, no he punched me.

"You let one of those things mark you, in my eyes you can die like them. Don't talk to me about monsters." He grabbed my face bringing me real close. I spit in it. He banged my head against the wall hard but not hard enough.

"Leave her alone!" Kourtney screamed. Uncle just chuckled.

"You want her left alone? How about you turn on this machine, and we let you choose which one lives." Uncle bartered with her. Kourtney's face turned sour. She knew better than to let it show.

"Uncle, you know she is going to pick Gaige so just kill me already, just like you've always wanted too." I spat at him.

"If she chooses for you to die, I will enjoy it. For now I am just a man of my word. Now Kourtney, which will it be?" He asked trying to be persuasive but she wouldn't buy it.

"I will never pick between them. You know just as I do that our pack is coming for us." She stated which only made him laugh.

"That is exactly what we are counting on. Now which will it be. Quick now my men love the torture." Gaige's grunts made our heads snap towards him. Two of my uncles men there with knives lace with something because he wasn't healing.

"No don't!" Kourtney struggled against her restraints, she wanted to get to her mate.

"Just help us Kourtney and this will all be over." Uncle said moving over towards her.

"Alright, just let him go. I pick Gaige." She said without missing a beat. Uncle laughed.

"Men show Gaige the door, Don't hurt him now." He said before walking over to Kourtney. He put her in zip ties before removing her other restraints. He helped her to her feet. She couldn't even make eye contact as they walked past me.

"Now Kourtney let's give this one a show." One of Uncles lackeys came and did the same to me as he did to Kourtney before leading us out of the jail area. The halls were dark but we saw a lightened doorway towards the end. He brought us outside towards a statue like beacon. It was an odd thing which is exactly how we knew it was a weapon.

"Just kill me uncle. She clearly made her choice." I said as he brought us towards it.

"Well I need you for one more thing. You see you are now the bait we needed for our plan. It could've been Gaige but he's now bringing them straight to us." He explained with a chuckle.

"You said you would let him live!" Kourtney exclaimed.

"I did but there are always casualties in war. Perhaps they leave him behind perhaps not. It's in your so called family's hands now. But to motivate them a little further-" A knife stabbed it's way into me. My stomach aching as the blood pooled out. I groaned seeing as he used a full knife, I felt every little sliver in the blade. Uncle was laughing as I stumbled back. He turned towards Kourtney, so I pulled out the blade before enacting the plan. He started choking as I snuck up behind him. It was all apart of the spell. I stabbed him in the back, just as he had done to us all. He turned quickly seeing me with such shock. My victory was short lived as I fell to the ground.

"You pathetic girl, what did you do?" He gasped trying to get the blade but he couldn't. It was my turn to laugh.

"I am taking part in the family business. Getting rid of the filth on this earth." I breathed out. Kourtney was suddenly in my vision. Her eyes filled with sympathy but she hurried to heal me. Before she could she was knocked to the side. Shit he has a witch. She struggled with the witch for a second but I felt power. She let out a burst of power. It was done. Dots clouded my vision as I knew she was destroying it. It was all apart of the plan. I heard an explosion of sorts and knew she had dispelled and destroyed the weapon.

"Noooo!! You bitch!!" Uncle groaned out. The sounds started to fade but I could rest for now knowing it was all over. I heard a crack and knew she had finished him. More merciful then he ever deserved.

"Hang on Alexia, just a little longer." Kourtney's voice was the last thing I heard before I headed into complete darkness.