"How long have they been looking?"

Me and Newt were silent for a bit.

".....Three years." 

I said slowly. His eyes widened at my answer. 

"And they haven't found anything?"

"It's a lot easier said than done." 

I sighed before telling him to listen to the rumbling sounds of the maze changing and how it changes every single night. He seemed to understand it a bit now. But his face clearly showed that he wasn't really satisfied with the answer.

"Listen greenie, the truth is, the runners are the only ones that knows what's out there." I added. 

"They're the strongest, and the fastest of us all-and that's a good thing too, because if they don't make it back before those doors close, then they're stuck out there for the night." 

I explained. And now comes the part I always hated saying the most. But hopefully, this will stop him from asking any more questions. I don't know if I will be able to explain more if he continues.

"And no one, has ever survived a night in the maze."

He looked at me with slight fear, going silent for a moment, part of me is relieved. He probably gets it now.

I was so wrong. 

Carefully, and cautiously, he slowly asked me.

"What happens to them?"

I paused. No one has ever asked any more questions once I told them that part. But this greenie, he really is different.

Letting out a shaky breath. I wasn't sure if I was able to continue and explain the details to him.

Newt noticed my sudden silence and decided to take over the last bit, which I'm grateful for, I never really liked explaining this part of the maze.

"Well, we call them Grievers..." He started out.

"Of course, no one has ever...Seen one...Or lived to tell about it......But they're out there."

The greenie only nodded, and finally went silent this time, understanding the situation. We just sat there looking at the walls of the maze for a while.

After a small moment of awkward silence, Newt finally spoke up.

"Alright, well, that's enough questions for one night." He said. 

"Flora, why don't we both show our new greenie around?"

"Good idea Newt." I replied.

The greenie however seemed a little nervous and kept saying no and how it wasn't necessary.

But we insisted.

"Come on, you're supposed to be the guest of honor! Let us show you around!" 

We both dragged him up from his seat and went towards to where the other gladers were.

_________________________________________

"Those are the builders." 

I pointed out to them for the greenie.

"Good with their hands but not a lot going upstairs." 

I shook my head with a chuckle at Newt's comment as he continued and pointed at another group boys. 

"That's Winston, Keeper of the Slicers."

"And we have two more med-jacks, Clint and Jeff!" 

I introduced them to the greenie as they walked past us, giving me a high five in the process.