"Avery stop that and let's go. I'm hungry." I said with an annoyed tone.

"I will punch you in the boob if you don't shut up and help me get the spider out of my shirt." That had me shutting up for a moment before I burst out laughing. But as my source of entertainment glared at me, I quickly sobered up.

"You were serious?" I asked incredulously.

"Oh no, I was demonstrating how to make your boobs sway from side to side without them falling off, idiot." She hit me again. "Help me with this thing that's stuck in my shirt." She added with a furious glare and ran towards the girls' washroom all the while singing incy wincy spider. 

That's Avery for you. 

She came back after a few moments and greeted me with a smile. This girl and her mood swings. You can never predict with her.

"What are we waiting for, Leah? Let's go get some food. I'm hungry. Oh, and I have a surprise for you waiting there." She let that all out in one breath and winked at me as she tugged me with her towards the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was bustling with students when we stood in the queue to get our food. Our school actually serves pretty decent food, so I'm not complaining. The line moved forward but the two junior girls in front of us were so busy with their noses into their phones, they didn't notice that. And Avery being our feisty woman, she smacked them on their shoulders.

"Get moving or get lost, girls." Avery hissed at them and the poor girls gaped at her. She was about to lash out on them again. The girls saw her reaction and quickly moved forward.

Once we got our trays, we started making our way towards our table when my eye caught the familiar blue ones. It can't be... But it was...

I ran towards our table and tackled the person into a bone-crushing hug as I let out a loud squeal, their familiar scent engulfing me in a comforting warmth.

"God, I missed you so much." I squealed again just for the heck of it.

"I missed you too, Leah."

Eeeep!

Yeah, I just did that. And you would have done the same thing if you'd have met your favourite person after almost a month. So, yes, eeeep!

We pulled away and I grinned at the person who had a similar one plastered on their face.

The sight of the gorgeous brunette and blue doe-eyes gave me a comforting rush as I hugged the person once again. Lydia Jenkins, my best friend since kindergarten hugged me just as tightly. 

We've known each other for so long now that we know what the other one was thinking by the look on the other's face.

Soon Avery joined the hug and squealed in our ears but we didn't complain. The three of us were together again. Call it dramatic but I don't care.

"Ohh a girls' threesome," Nolan shouted from his seat thus receiving a loud smack from Avery, who took a seat beside him, and glares from Lydia and me.

Nolan Roberts the notorious boy in our group, always had his mind in the gutter. He rolled his brown eyes at us as he muttered, "Can't a boy have some fun?"

"Want me to show you what actual fun is?" Avery glared at him, ready to hit him again. 

"I'm always up to have fun with you." He winked at her. That earned him slaps from both the twins. Serves him right.

"Jeez, you twins are so violent." Nolan complained, rubbing the two red spots.

"Talk to my sister like that again and I will shove a fork down your throat." Jordan glowered in all his protective-brother glory. 

The three of them continued their banter so I turned my attention to Lydia who was staring at Adrian. She's been crushing on him for a very long time now. Our entire group knew about their feelings for each other except those two idiots themselves.

"Stop eye-raping the guy Lyds," I whispered to her so that no one else can hear me.

"That obvious?" She asked me, her cheeks turning pink.

"That obvious," I replied while gently squeezing her hand.

I continued my eating and saw the two love-birds stealing glances at each other. 

Aww

Yeah, I just awed.

They would make such a perfect pair. With Adrian's calm nature and Lydia's bubbly-self, they were a perfect match.

I noticed Ethan looking at me with an amused smile and a meaningful look and I just knew we were thinking the same thing. I smiled back at him.

Time to unite these two.

******
Writing the author's note involves more brainstorming than writing the chapter itself. Phew

So this is me being the awkward potato that I am, writing this awkward author's note and saying an awkward hello whilst awkwardly waving at you all. :) Sorry for being so awkward and putting a lot of awkward stuff in one sentence.

Now I'm just rambling.

Anyway, how do you like the chapter? Let me know what you think in the comments section.

Don't forget to VOTE. It keeps me motivated to write the next chapter.

Until next time :)