fake smile

I can't fake another smile
I can't fake like I'm alright
Ooh, ah (ooh, ah)
And I won't say I'm feeling fine
After what I been through, I can't lie
Ooh, ah (ooh, ah)
fake smile| Ariana Grande

Dream
I rubbed my hands down my shorts smoothing them out while I sat in Culver's waiting on Mario.

Like I had promised, I was going to get him ice cream. I worked the morning shift and Lucas was handling some business that I knew nothing of.

"Dream Ali?" Mario joked sitting in front of me making me roll my eyes playfully.

"Haha. Very funny. I just came to fill what I said. I still feel bad for punching you."

"It's all good. I told my momma about it and she punched me too.." he chuckled. "I respect the women who are abusive for their respect."

"You calling me abusive? That hurts because I'm the nicest human to ever walk this earth."

"Tuh, I beg to differ."

"Anyways are we going to talk or are we going to get ice cream?" I asked getting up.

"Culver's ice cream is bomb. I'm glad you picked it."

"Yeah. It's been a minute since I've had an Oreo cluster." I said walking up to the counter.

We both ordered our things and I reached for my wallet only for him to hand the cashier a twenty dollar bill.

"I said I was treating." I said holding out a twenty for him to take.

"I wouldn't be shit if I'd let you pay for that. It's just ice cream it ain't breaking my bank. Keep your money." he said pushing the money back towards me.

"Just take it." I said moving over to let the next costumer pay for their things.

"Dream it's fine. Seriously." he declined again making me mad.

I pulled him to me giving him a hug while sliding the twenty into this back pocket and he laughed.

"You think you're slick." he shook his head. "I'm going to get you back. Don't worry."

"Hey, you should've just took it and we wouldn't never been put in that position." I laughed as we went back to the table and waited for them to bring us our ice cream.

"You got a girlfriend?"

"No. I haven't been in a relationship since 2017. It ended pretty bad."

"Mind telling me the story?" I asked as the cashier brung us our treats. We both said 'thank you.'.

"Sure. Her name was Issa. She was a good girlfriend before she started to hang with certain people. She started being not herself. She was really wilding out like she didn't respect herself anymore and wasn't the girl I fell in love with. She cheated a bunch of times but I didn't want to leave. I wanted to fix what I believed could be fixed but it was no use. She ended up getting pregnant and I called it quits because she decided to keep a baby with a one night stand but abort the baby of her 2 year boyfriend." he shook his head and I shook mine too.