Nights Like This

You act like you need remindin'
Tryna do it over, bring it back and rewind itBut all that glitters isn't gold, I was blinded
should have never gave you my heart on consignment
Nights Like This| Kehlani & Ty Dolla $ign

Kayla
"I think they made up. She hung up before I could tell her that Mom was on the phone with him and that he had heard her." I told Damia over the phone while I got my nails done with 'Loni.

"We haven't talked to her in damn near a week. You and 'Loni need to go check on her." she stressed. "This shit ain't normal at all."

"Honestly. After we finish getting our nails done, me and 'Loni making our way over there to see what's going on." I said.

"Alright. Call me and let me know what the fuck is going on." she said hanging up.

"You like your nails, 'Loni Girl?" I asked looking at her nails that were different colors. She simply nodded looking at her nails as well.

I paid for our nails before going and leaving strapping her into the car seat and getting into the car myself before pulling off getting ready for the 30 minute ride to the loft.
--------------------
Upon making it there, I saw her car in the front and I knew she was here. I took 'Loni out the car and used the spare key she kept in a pot to unlock the door.

"Dream?" I called out looking at what a mess the loft was which wasn't normal at all. "What the hell? Is that blood?" I asked talking to myself holding 'Loni close to me while I made my way upstairs. "Dream!" I screamed seeing her tied to the bed badly beaten. There was dried up blood and bruises ass over her body.

Dream
"Did Kobe do this to you?" Kayla cried helping me out the bed after untying me, trying her best not to hurt me.

I nodded not in the mood to talk since I was pretty sure that he had broken my jaw. I heard little sniffles and looked to my left to see 'Loni there crying which broke my heart.

"I'm going to fucking kill him. You need to go to the hospital. You're beaten pretty badly." she said picking up her phone making a call while I made the mistake of looking in the mirror.

Who thee fuck are you?

"Ma, it's bad. Kobe really beat her." Kayla cried into the phone and Mom could be heard on the other end yelling that she was on her way.

Embarrassing.

I cried looking at myself in the mirror not even knowing who I was anymore. He really messed me up, making me feel below ugly.

I should've listen to Lucas.

Mom and Damia wasted no time getting to the loft. Mom started to help clean me up the best she could while Damia kept the kids entertained.

"Your jaw isn't broken, it's just swollen. I'll get you some ice packs and pain medicine. I'm so fucking sorry that this happened to you, my baby. I'm going to get that bastard by any means necessary." she said and I only laid my head in her lap while I cried.

"This is all my fault." Kayla said shaking her head.

"It's not." I mumbled. "It's not the first time he did this. The first time was on my birthday. While y'all thought that I was on vacation, I was actually healing." my voice cracked as I began to choke on my tears.

"I told him where the loft was." she admitted. "When you finally answered the phone, Mom called him to let him know that we finally got in contact with you and he heard you say where you were. You hung up before I would tell you. I thought you were being mean for nothing so I told him the address." she said putting her head down

Stupid bitch.

"Can we leave now?" I asked not even wanting to be in the same room as her. A simple call back to ask me how I felt about him coming over or to simply calling back to tell me that he was on the phone would've been nice.

"Where do you want to go?" Mom asked grabbing my bag as I stood up.

"A hotel." I said not wanting to go back to the house because I wanted to be alone but I knew that wasn't happening.

"Damia has to go with you." she said and I nodded knowing that Damia would give me the space I needed.

"Dream, I'm so sorry-" she started but I cut her off by putting my hand up.

"Fuck you." I spat harshly causing Mom to reach for me making me flinch and move back. "Do me a huge favor and don't tell this bitch where I'm laying my head at for the time being. She will fuck around and get me raped and killed." I said leaving out the loft and leaving them in shock.

I waited patiently for them to hurry and come out. Kayla came out crying making me scrunch up my face pissing me off even more.

"I love you." Damia said as we drove.

Funny, 'I love you' always comes out during tragedies.

"Feelings mutual." I mumbled resting my head on the window. No other words were exchanged during the ride.
--------------------
After settling into the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Chicago, I took a long bath, soaking and thinking about what my life had became. I went from being happy and in love to being in an abusive relationship and to even being raped. I didn't see any of this in the dreams that I had when it came to what the future held for me.

How thee fuck?

Song Cry by August Alsina played while I cried. I cried and cried not holding anything in. I was tired of acting as if I was okay. I was damn near about to start cutting again, but I didn't. I slowly slid under the water holding my breath.

Fuck My Life...Not Today.

I pulled myself up gasping for air. I wasn't ending it today I washed myself before getting out the bath. I dried off and threw on a shirt that I had stolen from Lucas.

My hope.

"The Golden Girls on." Damia as making a smile creep upon my face.

"Turn it on then." I said laying in the bed pulling the covers over me. No matter what, Dorothy, Rose, Blanche, and Sophia always made me happy. I love those little old ladies.

"You know, I'll knock Kayla ass out with the quickness. Just say the word and I'll do it." she said seriously.

"If that was the case, you would've did it when she told him where I was at." I shrugged. "It's nobody's fault but mine, because, Lucas told me don't leave and move own. I was warned."

"We all make mistakes. Your's was picking a no good man who is bitch made and rapes women."

"Cheats also." I chimed in making her shake her head.

It was so fucking over.
-------------------
i'm back real quick.

kayla?

WHERE THEE FUCK IS LUCAS?

goal: 5 votes 15 comments & i'll update again tonight!