(1) loneliness

Leave prompts at the bottom of the story or here!!

★★★★★★★★★★

"Pete? I wasn't expecting you today." Tony furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the teen walk into his lab.

"Yeah, I didn't have any homework so I thought I would stop by." Peter looked like a lost puppy as he stood in the entrance of Tony's lab, wringing his hands uneasily.

Tony let out a sigh, turning his chair to face Peter, almost rolling his eyes when he saw how anxious he looked. "Don't just stand there. Come sit." Tony decided he needed to help the kid along.

"Are-are you sure? I mean I didn't even call to see if you were busy. God—this was stupid. I'm sorry I'll go, Mr. Stark." Peter felt his throat go dry as he began to turn around, cringing as he thought about how stupid he was to go to Mr. Stark.

"Nuh-uh! No you don't! Come back here, you troublesome-spider." Tony powered down his many holograms and stood up from his chair.

Peter reluctantly, yet quickly complied to Tony's orders. He shuffled over to where Mr. Stark was pointing, in his office chair, and sat down.

Peter kept his gaze fixed firmly on the ground, letting out a hot breath of air every once in a while.

"How was school?" Tony was confused at the fact he had to prompt Peter to start talking to him.

"It was okay. I got an A on my physics quiz." Peter swiveled slightly in Mr. Stark's chair, arms crossed over his chest as he spoke quietly.

"That's great, Pete." Tony commented, watching the teen carefully. When Peter surprisingly didn't elaborate any further, Tony was officially concerned. "You feel okay?" He questioned.

"Yeah." He responded with a dismissive shrug.

Tony rolled his eyes at the stubborn behavior. "What's going on?" He stood in front of Peter, who had hardly moved a muscle since he sat down.

Peter began to shift uncomfortably under Tony's intimidating gaze. "Nothing, Mr. Stark, I just wanted to come over..." He trailed off.

"That's alright, Pete, I've got nothing important today." Tony shrugged, figuring he could deal with Pepper's anger at him for blowing off a board meeting later.

"R-really?" Peter looked up at Tony, a smile already taking over his previously anxious expression.

"Yes, don't question me. I was hoping you'd stop by soon. I have a few new designs I want you to look at. I know you mentioned the tensile strength in your webs needing upgrading." Tony couldn't hide the grin that came to his face as he patted Peter's shoulder firmly as he walked passed him.

"Here's a prototype I put together the other day," Tony tossed it at Peter, eyebrows furrowing when he almost didn't catch it. "Something wrong with your... tingle thing?" He asked.