9

Everyone split into pairs to help find stuff around the house to make a place unknown to Will. Alex went with Mike. Billy went with Max because I told him to, so they can bond and try not to kill each other. I went with Hopper in the shed to take all the stuff out.

"So kid, how've you been?" He asked.

I just shrug. "I mean, I got into college, met a guy, now I'm trying my best to save the world and not get killed."

"You got into college?" He raised his voice a little. He stopped me by resting a hand on my shoulder. I went in for a hug. He hugged back and rubbed my hair. I was so small compared to him. Hopper and I developed a little relationship those months I stayed on his couch. Kind of like a father-daughter relationship. He'd help me with homework, sit on the couch and watch tv with me while we eat, take me out to places like the movies. It was all so nice. He wanted to be there for me since my parents were gone. He was a good friend of my dad's. Even after I left him, we'd still go out sometimes.

We let go and I wiped a stray tear. "Hopper, I don't know if I can do it. I don't think I can leave you guys. You're my only family. It's going to be so hard without you."

"I know kid, I know. But you have to go. Explore the world. There's so much out there for you to see and do. We'll be fine. This will always be your home, and we'll always be your family. We're not going anywhere." He says.

I don't say anything more and go into another hug and cry some more. He just rubs my back to soothe me.

"It's ok Y/N...we'll be fine. And hey, if that kid breaks your heart," He pulls me back to look at me. "Just call me and I'll personally go to his house and give him a scare."

I laugh as I wipe my tears. I can't believe the amount of times I've cried over these past couple of weeks. It's insane I need help.

"Let's get back to saving the world I guess." I say as I walk back into the shed to continue emptying it.

After a couple hours ,and lots of tape and nails, we've managed to make the shed unrecognizable. Now all we have to do is wake Will and break through to him. Mike, Hopper, Jonathan, and Mrs. Byers were all in the shed with Will. The rest of us were in the house waiting. I'm on the couch by myself, Billy is still with Max. Dustin walked over and sat next to me.

"Hey Dusty, how are you?" I ask.

"Scared." He says.

"Of what?" I ask.

"Of what's going to happen, I'm scared for Will, I'm scared we're never going to make it to tomorrow morning. I'm scared of a lot of things right now." He says. I put my arm around his shoulder.

"We, are going to be fine. Will will be ok. Tomorrow morning we'll be fast asleep in our beds. When we wake up, I'll treat us to breakfast in the morning." I smile.

"That sounds nice." He says.

The lights started flickering and I grabbed my axe out of my book bag that was by the front door. We all crowd around the window in the kitchen that over looks the backyard. After a few seconds the lights went back to normal.

"What the hell is happening?" Alex asks next to me.

"I don't know. It doesn't seem like it's going very well." Nancy says.

I take her hand and pull her with me to the living room. I sit my axe down by the couch then we plop down on it and look at each other. "What's up?" She asks looking confused.

"You tell me." I say putting my head in my hand.

She sighs and has a slight smile on her face. "Jonathan and I went to a guy that can help us. We went to Hawkins Lab the other day and got a voice tape of them confessing to everything they've done relating to the Upside Down and what happened last year. This man could help us expose them for what they've done. Along the way...me and Jonathan..." She raised her eyebrows.