5

Alex and I were leaving from tutoring for Chemistry, which I don't need, she just wanted me to stay with her because she didn't want to ride home alone. There was a commotion on the field of the middle school that caught our attention. Will stood frozen in the field Mike was next to him panicking trying to shake him. I dropped my bike and ran over there. Alex was calling after me, but I ignored her.

Once I reached Will I cupped his face. He was paler than usual and shaking. His eyes were closed yet flickering. He breathed very fast.

"Is he ok?" I ask panicked. "Will! Will can you hear me?!"

"He's having another episode!" Mike said.

"Will!"

All of us look over to see Mrs. Byers, Dustin, Lucas, and a redheaded girl running to us. I moved out the way to let Mrs. Byers to her son. Alex looked scared along with the rest.

"Will! Will! Will sweetie wake up!" She put her hands on his shoulders. "It's mom! Will!"

Mrs. Byers just kept trying to get to Will. The fear increases in all of us. Suddenly Will snaps out of it. His eyes now open and he inhales sharply.

"Will? Sweetie are you ok?" Mrs. Byers ask.

He just shook his head. She engulfed her son in a hug. "Let's get you home sweetie."

We walked through the building in silence. The only sound being of our heels clicking the floor. When we're outside again Will and Mrs.Byers continues on to their car while we all watch from the front of the school.

"Ok that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" The redhead asked.

"That's two episodes in two days." Lucas says.

"It's getting worse." Mike speaks.

"You think it's true sight?" Lucas asked.

"What's true sight?" The girl asked.

Mike looks at Lucas. "I-It's nothing." Lucas says.

Alex gives me a look that says 'What the fuck just happened?'. I sigh and look at the kids.

"Hi."

I snap my head to the redhead. She's smiling.

"Hi." I wave.

"I'm Max. Who're you?" She asks. She must be confused why a teenager like myself just randomly appeared and started panicking. 

"I'm Y/N, Dustin's older sister. I go to the high school with your brother. Not that there are many more high schools near here." I smile.

"You know Billy?" She asked.

Alex and I looked at each other then back to her. "Yea, he's a cool kid."

"I beg to differ. He's a complete asshole." She says. "If I were you I'd run. He's a troublemaker and he sleeps around with girls."

"I kinda figured that out on the first day." I chuckled. "You want me to ride home with you?"

"Yea sure. Billy's long gone anyway." She huffs.

I looked at Dustin. "You, go home now. I'll be there later." I then look at Alex. "I will call you later, I promise. Can you make sure he gets home safely?"

My anxiety is coming slowly. Whatever happened on that field just now wasn't normal. I have a feeling it's something with the Upside Down. Alex just nods her head and gives me a hug. We see them off then Max and I go to get my bike. She starts leading me to her home on her board.