8

"I want my car!" Billy groans.

"You'll see your baby soon." I say in a mocking tone. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. I smiled none the less. He took out a cigarette and put it between his lips. I slapped it down and he gave me and irritated look.

"What the fuck was that for?" He asked.

"Those things are bad for you." I say.

"We all gotta die somehow." He says taking out another. I snatch the pack and and the one in his mouth.

"I don't want to see you die like this. Promise me you'll stop. Promise me you'll try." I say. He looks angry but it soon goes away.

He sighs. "Fine. I'll try but just for you."

I smile and lean my head on his shoulder. He just rubs my knuckles with his thumbs. I just now noticed how "Friendly" we're being. We're acting like a couple. But hey, this may be the last night of our life, right?

There was a clearing up ahead by the front gate of Hawkins Lab. Two silhouettes stood there. "Hello?" One called out. "Who's there?"

We come out of the trees. Steve points his flashlight at the two mysterious figures. It was Nancy and Jonathan.

"Steve? Y/N?" They asked.

"Nancy! Jonathan!" I say running up to her and hugging her, then him.

"Oh my goodness I was so worried about you guys you just disappeared." I say.

"We had to do something. What are you guys doing here?" Jonathan asked. The rest of the group joined us.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked.

"We were looking for Mike and Will." Nancy answered.

"They're not in there are they?" Alex asked.

"We're not sure." Nancy said.

"Why?" Jonathan asked.

The monsters started screeching again. All of us averted our attention to the lab. Billy once again took my hand in his. The lights were flickering in the windows. This is not good.

We all huddled into a circle and all began to talk about the situation. Jonathan was really concerned about Will. I would be too if Dustin was in there. Nancy separated from the group.

"The powers back." She says. We all stop talking and look to the building. We all run to the security box and Jonathan tries to open the gate. It wasn't working. Dustin moves him out the way and tries to unlock it only to fail. A few minutes later he presses it again after the millionth time and it opens. He cheers a little and smiles.

Jonathan and Nancy hop in his car and speed up the road. The rest of us stay behind and wait. I took this time to talk to Alex. I pull away from Billy and nod my head to a very quiet Alex. He just nods his head in understanding. She had her eyes trained on the lab.

"You ok?" I ask walking to stand next to her.

"I'm fine. Just scared you know. This doesn't even feel real, it's like we're in a movie." She says. I chuckled a bit. "I can't even imagine all the shit you've been through."

"Trust me you don't want to." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"If we die a horrible death. I want you to know, that you are my best friend and I love you so much. Ever since that first day of Pre-K, I knew we'd last forever." She smiles. I pull her into a hug, she holds on to me tight.