2

"Y/N!" I heard my name being called by Alex. I turn around and meet her gaze. She was running up to me. Billy and I just skipped first period because I was 'being a scaredy-cat'. Once up to me she slapped my arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" I question rubbing my arm.

"That is for ditching me while walking to second. I was looking for you! I got really worried! Where were you?" She asks.

That's when I meet Billy's eyes as he walks onto the court. He had no shirt on. I didn't realize I was starring until he started waving and smiling. My cheeks heated up and I quickly look away.

"Oh, my, gosh. You two fu-" She yells. I quickly cover her mouth before she could finish that sentence. Only a few people looked over. When I pulled my hand away she had a devilish grin on her face.

"That's not funny." I say trying to be serious, but laugh anyway. "We skipped first period that's all."

"Y/N!"

Alex and I both turn our heads. We see Steve jogging up to us. "Hey, you ok? You need anything? We can go out for lunch. I meant to ask if you wanted to do that earlier."

I smile and shake my head. "Steve I'm fine. You don't need to do anything. Besides we're going for ice cream later anyway."

He just tousled my hair and ran onto the court. I look over to Billy to see he's already looking at me. He quickly averts his gaze. I laugh to myself and turn back to Alex.

"You two would be cute together." Alex says.

I facepalm. "Alex please no, not again."

"What?" She asks. "I'm just saying. You and, what's his name again?"

"Billy." I state.

"Yes Billy, will be the ultimate power couple." She says.

"That's really cute of you to think, but Billy is off limits to losers like you." A voice sneers.

Alex and I look at each other and roll our eyes before we turn to meet Samantha, Rowan, and Harper. The most popular girls in school...also the most bitchy.

"Hi Samantha, how's your day so far?" I say with sarcasm. I'm trying to hold back my anger.

"Oh it's going so good." She says in an asshole tone. "How are you feeling freak? Do you miss mommy and daddy?" she asks. Rowan and Harper laughed. I clench my fists. "We all know you murdered them. Just admit it you psycho."

I lunged at her, but Alex held me back. She struggled to pull me out of the gymnasium. We were outside when she let me go and the cool fall air hit my skin. She stood in front of the door.

"What the hell Alex! Let me back in!" I demand trying to get around her.

"Y/N! Y/N!" She said trying to grasp ahold of me. "Calm down!"

She grabbed both my arms to keep me in place. Tears violently pour out of my eyes. I try to hold them back but they don't stay.

"Alex! Please!" I say and try to get our of her grasp. "...Please! Just...let me go." I say.

Her eyes a fixated on mine. I can see tears in hers too. "Y/N I can't let you."

"And why the hell not?" I ask.

"Because this is exactly what you did on this day last year. I don't know, maybe something freaky may happen again." She says. "Look, I'm just looking out for you because I love you. I don't want to see you like this."

I calm down a bit and wipe the tears away. Alex let's go of me. I pull her into a hug, but I don't cry. We just stand there in silence. I've cried too many times today. I need to be brave just for them. I need to keep my head held high and my middle fingers higher.

We let go and she wipes stray tears away from her face. "Let's get back inside. It's starting to get cold." She says.

"That sounds like a good idea." I smile. We link arms and walk back in the gym. Once Samantha spotted us she gave us a smile.

"Look at those two. Are you two dating now? Did you have a private make out out back?" She questions. Her posé laughs along with a few others around them.

"Fuck off Samantha. Don't act like you three don't do things behind closed doors." I say.

The people around them laugh and hoot. Samantha has a fiery glint in her eye as she looks at me. Alex and I smile as we walk off. I look to the court to see Steve and Billy going head to head. They're talking smack to each other, but then Billy steals the ball and takes off. He finishes by looping the ball between his legs and doing a finger roll. I was amazed at how good he was at basketball.

This went on for like another hour then coach blew his whistle indicating this period was about to end. We all quickly hurry into the locker rooms to change. When we're leaving the gymnasium we get an invitation to Tina's party tomorrow night. This should be interesting.
.
.
.
I've finally arrived home. Steve, Alex, Nancy, Jonathan, and I all went for ice cream. It was nice, Steve physically forced me to put my wallet away so I couldn't pay.

Someone rasped upon my door. "Come in." I say.

My door slides open. "Hey Y/N." Dustin says. He saunters over and sits on my bed.

"What's up Chuck?" I asked sitting up.

"We got a new girl in class. Her name is Max. She's really cool." He says.

Max? That rings a bell. I think long and hard. Bingo! New girl named Max, Billy's little sister's name's Max.

"We got a new boy. His name's Billy. He's...something." I smirk.

"I came in here for advice. You see, I kinda like her, but don't know what to do. See my problem there?" He asks.

I chuckled. "Slow down there buddy. You just met her this isn't a Disney Princess movie with love at first sight. You have to get to know her first. Nice and slow, then maybe after eh let's say a month or two, you confess."

"What if she doesn't feel the same?" He asks a little hurt evident in his voice.

"Then you kindly respect your decision. Don't fret it won't be the end of the world. There are plenty of other fish in the sea. You two can still remain friends. So you'll still have her around, just you know, in a platonic way." I say.

He smiles with his new pearls. "You're right. Thank you Y/N, you're the best big sister." He says hugging me. I hug back.

"You're the best little brother." I say.

We pull away. "Hey you wanna go see a movie?" He asks.

"What about-"

"Mom? Oh she'll be fine. She's working late anyway." He says.

"Terminator?" I ask.

"Sounds good to me." He says.

We run outside, hop on our bikes, and head to the theater. We got there just in time. I love Dustin as if he were my real little brother. I love my new family that I've received. May my mother and father lay peacefully.

(Unedited as usual)