3

"Jonathan Byers, you need to come to this party!" I yell into the phone.

"But Y/N, you know how my mom is now. I can't leave Will alone. Look maybe I can pop in for a second, but that's it." He says.

I sigh. "Fine, I understand. Tell that little booger I said hey."

"Ok I will. Maybe I'll see you later." He said.

"Hopefully, but if you can't I totally understand." I smile.

"Bye Y/N."

"Bye Byers."

I hang up the phone in my room and flop on my bed. Dustin is going trick or treating with the party tonight. My party starts in an hour. I was excited really. Alex was supposed to be over soon so we can go over together. Tina doesn't live too far from me. Alex is just three doors down from us. So we're just going to walk together. I decided to go ahead and get ready.

My costume was amazing.

"Really? Risky Business?" I hear a voice laugh

"Really? Risky Business?" I hear a voice laugh. I turn to my doorway and see Alex in her costume. She was Sandy from Grease.

We both laughed. "Told ya it was a surprise." I say.

"It actually looks great. Please tell me you have on actual ladies underwear under those." She says.

"Who am I? Samantha?" I ask. She just laughs.

"Bye Y/N!" I hear Dustin yell.

"Dustin wait!" I grab my camera and pull Alex with me. We run up to my little brother.

"Nice costumes." He says. "I assume you want a picture?"

I shake my head. He grabs the camera. Alex and I do several poses while he snaps photos.

"Thanks Dusty." I say grabbing my camera back. "Have fun trick or treating. Don't talk to strangers!"

"I won't." He smiles and walks out the door.

"What now?" Alex asks. "I don't want to sit here for almost an hour and do absolutely nothing."

"Grab a bag. Let's ride around and trick or treat a little." I say. Her eyes light up. She runs to my room and I hear several items being moved about. She comes back to me with my book bag in hand, empty.

"Let's go!" She says grabbing my arm.

We hop on my bike with me peddling and her in the back. A lot of adults give us strange looks as we walk up to front doors and receive candy, but we don't care. We go around to several houses until the bag is completely full. By this time the sun has set. We realized that we were totally late for the party. I take us back to my house to drop my bag and bike off then we head to the party.

Once we've arrived I already see drunk teens scattered in the driveway. Some passed out on the ground. The music was so loud that we heard it like five houses down. Down the street I spot a blue Camaro. A small smile grows on my face.