39. Shopping Day (part 1)

Începe de la început

After around 15-20 minutes, I was done and I walked towards my cupboard. I opened and pulled out the drawer. It's here. I took the small box in my hand and sighed deeply. After contemplating a lot on to do or not to, I slid in the box in the pocket of my jacket and strode out of the room.

I saw everyone were seated on the dining table for breakfast. My PA was sitting on the couch in the living room. I invited her to eat but she declined politely. After quickly having my breakfast, I rushed back to her. I asked for the papers and after going through them once, I signed and by then, everyone were ready to leave too.

Since everyone had to fit, we decided on me being the driver today. Dad, Mom and Taani sat inside and I drove out towards her house. I can't wait to meet her already. I missed her so much. After all the honking in the traffic and stopping at so many signals, I finally pulled into the driveway of the Mehra's. Just as I applied breaks, I saw her doctor climbing down the steps of the entrance and Sid standing there. I frowned. What is the doctor doing so early in her house?

"You guys go inside, I need to talk to Mr. Gupta" I said and mom nodded in understanding. I stepped out and jogged towards him in worry. Sid has gone inside by now. He saw me approaching and he smiled but his smile had some worry.

"Good morning Mr. Gupta. You are here so early, is Pia fine?" I asked him as I reached him.

"She again had one of her nightmares last night..." he said tensed and my breathing hitched. What happened to her?

"What happened to her? She is fi... Fine right?" I asked baffled and he nodded.

"She is for now Swayam but I am afraid she will be sick again. Whatever is going on now, will definitely help in gaining her memories back but it is also having a stressful effect on her brain. Not consciously, but subconsciously her mind is being stressed too much" he said making my heartbeats run. No. Nothing can happen to my Sharon. My tongue was tied and I didn't know what to say.

"Take care of her Swayam. I gave her a very strong doze of medicines to have daily so that she won't be stressed too much, but don't pressure her into anything. Let it be as natural as possible" he said and I just nodded, not able to utter a word. He smiled and patting my shoulder, he went away. What just happened? Do I stress her out? Do I pressure her so much? Is she not fine because of what happened yesterday? Because of me? I felt a hand squeezing my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts. I turned to see that mom was standing there.

"Stop overthinking and let's go inside. She will be needing you" mom said smiling slightly but I can also see worry lines on her face. I nodded and putting up a normal face, we proceeded inside. As soon as we entered, it was quite unlike what it was yesterday. I saw aunty coming out of kitchen in her own trance, holding a glass of water. Maybe she didn't notice us. I could see how tensed she looked. As she turned to ascend the stairs, her gaze fell on us. She immediately changed her route, walking towards us and smiled.

"Swayam beta, you are here. Welcome all of you" she welcomed smiling and we returned the smile.

"How's Pia?" Dad asked in return and aunty frowned.

"Actually I met the doctor outside, he said everything" I explained and a look of realisation took over her face. Now even she looked worried.

"I won't say you anything Swayam. Sid might have already told you about her nightmares and after trauma attacks. But yesterday, around 2 at night, we heard her scream and as we rushed towards her room, we saw her going through an attack too, in her consciousness. This never happened before. It was either nightmare or attack at a time, never together. We somehow calmed her down and I made her sleep. Today morning when I went to check on her, she had fever and a severe headache too. That's why we called the doctor" she explained sighing and I didn't know how to react.