Chapter 15: Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

And so, I had looked just as beautiful enough. And I know Christopher might be taking his time getting ready. And I had stood at the door of my room, leaving as I closed my door quietly. I could hear noises downstairs into the kitchen. I was ready to go but just as I was passing Christopher's room, I saw his door cracked a bit and from this I saw through the mirror in his room that he was dressing nicely but he didn't have a shirt on yet. And I saw in the mirror of the nice abs he had. God, I would give anything to be his right now.

I watched him looking through his closet in distress and his drawers trying to find a specific shirt. And he seemed confused. I had rolled my eyes and then left downstairs to the kitchen to see what was going on. Colleen was in the kitchen putting the temperature on. And of course, dad settled the appetizers done on the coffee table in the sitting room. They both had their glass of wine.

"Hey Colleen." I greeted her as I hugged her.

"Hey Em. You look so beautiful. Let me guess... for Patrick?" She read my mind instantly and I smiled with a nod and we both laughed. She put down her wineglass. "You should go out with Patrick. He is such a nice guy. And I've known him since he was seven."

"I know. But I get nervous whenever he's around me. Is that insane?" I asked her.

"No, that's what love does to you. It makes you incredibly nervous. Sometimes I get nervous around your dad. Like once, we went out to this fancy restaurant and I was nervous before arriving. And there he was...looking handsome and beautiful as ever." She told me, which excited me.

"Can we talk before the guests arrive? Like just us two?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. We can talk in the family room." She said, and we both had left the kitchen and went directly into the family room, closing the French glass doors behind us.

We emerged to the couch by the window. And once we got to the couch we both sat down. I looked at how beautiful Colleen looked. Her blonde hair wavy and her lips cherry red. And she looked so beautiful I'm sure dad would be crazy not to love her. In the sitting room I could hear the TV on that dad had. And I just thought of nice today would be.

"So, what's on your mind? Something you wanna talk about?" She asked, facing me but she definitely was curious of what I had to talk to her.

"Colleen, can I trust you? I mean, anything I say to you you won't tell my dad, right? Like can it be confidential between us?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes, Em. I won't tell him anything that you don't want me to."

I felt relieved and from this, I just relaxed my whole body. I had a lot to talk to her about. I would talk to my mother about every issue going on. But she's not here. And Colleen is more convenient and I trust her like a stepmom should be trusted. I looked at Colleen a bit nervous.

"So what is it?"

I sighed. "I may be crazy. But lately I was wondering... what do you know of sex? I mean, how do you know if a guy wants to have sex with you?"

Colleen was shocked. She cleared her throat.

"Why? Emma, have you and Patrick...?"

"No, it's just I'm curious. And sometimes I feel like doing it because I love them. But am I mad to be passionate about it?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No, having sex is for loving the person. Even when your young. And it's a place where you feel connected to them. And I do love how a man can be passionate. But experiencing is important."

Colleen knew how to make me understand it. And I just had curiosity. What if I had sex with Patrick? Would it be crazy? Or insane? Would dad be angry? Regardless of how overprotective he is. It still drives me insane of what guy I want. And I don't know how Colleen can just place in a good marriage when she lost a husband six years earlier. But I know she does love my father.