Chapter Thirteen

Fawn met with Sarah downstairs. She knew Digger was going to be a while "taking out the trash", so she decided to have breakfast with her friend and then go to Peep Show.

Sarah was waiting downstairs, talking to Washington and... braiding his beard. Fawn never understood that. Wash never let anyone near his beard but he caved when a knocked up Sarah asked.

"Hey girly, where ya wanna eat?" Fawn asked as she slid onto a bar stool next to Sarah.

"I was thinking Benny's," Sarah said, tying off the braid.

"Ooh, good idea."

Sarah got up and grabbed her purse. She kissed Washington on the cheek, "See ya later, Pop."

"Bye girls, be safe," Washington said after giving both of them a kiss on the cheek.

They took Fawn's car and drove the thirty minutes to Benny's. It was almost in the town over so they didn't get to go to it often. With the boys busy it was perfect timing.

Benny's was a shack-like building that was half bed-and-breakfast and half bar,  though the bar was used more as a restaurant. It gave off a woodsy feeling. Fawn's dad used to take her there after every hunting trip, saying "Helps with the withdrawal of the woods. Just enough woods and civilization to readjust."

The girls got a booth in the back by the dart board. They looked over the menu and talked about Peep Show. Sarah was a little nervous that it was opening, in fear that Snake would spend more time there.

"You're an idiot," Fawn said. "That man loves you more than I've seen any other man love. Probably even more than Banks loved his Old Lady."

"Banks had an Old Lady?" Sarah asked, eyes wide.

"Yea. She was sweet but a bitch--the way most of the Old Lady are," Fawn laughed. "She died a few years ago. Venom's Pit attack. He had a daughter too, but she's at college. She hates it but Banks wants her far away to keep her out of danger."

"That's so sad," her friend frowned.

They were silent for a moment. A waitress came over and took their orders. When she left Sarah spoke again.

"On another note... you and Digger?"

She blushed, looking away. "Yes, me and Digger."

"When?" Sarah beamed.

"Last night. And no, you don't get juicy details."

"Are you official?"

She frowned. "I don't know what we are. We were supposed to talk this morning but he had business to do. I'm not sure where we lay..."

Sarah reached over and gripped her hand. "I'm not sure, but I can tell you this: it's not a one time thing. The way he looks at you is enchanting."

For a second Fawn let herself believe that. Then she threw it out the back door because she didn't know anything. Digger always changed his mind.

"Shut up and give me good news," she said.

Her friend thought for a moment then gasped. "Cole took his first steps last night!"

"Really? That's awesome! Damn, only eight months old too."

"Almost nine. Damn him, he's getting too old. Pretty soon he'll be driving and off to college."

"You're such a dramatic!"

They laughed and ate their meals. When it was time to go, Sarah wanted to go to Peep Show with her to help pick the girls. After explaining that Jaylen and some of the boys had Cole til Snake was done, Fawn agreed.

~~~~~~

"You wanna what?" Fawn said, trying her hardest not to laugh.

"Tap dance," the blonde beamed. She looked fresh outta high school and with no experience.

"Tap dance?" Sarah asked. "You do know where you are right?"

The girl nodded.

"You know is run by an MC right? A motorcycle club?" Fawn asked.

"Oh, well... I mean..."

Shaking her head, Fawn said, "You can go."

The girl ran out of the club. Fawn sighed and Sarah started laughing.

"Well, we got nine girls and there's still two more to interview," Sarah said.

Fawn called in the girls. Only one made it, giving them ten girls. Which, honestly, that surprised her. She just hoped they could hack it. Only four had worked at a strip club before.

She decided to have all the girls come back tomorrow to start teaching the newbies the way of the pole. If the four that were experienced were within her standards,  she'd let them help.

Everything was good to go. She was hoping to have the girls trained within the week so they could open. The inspector had already been by and ok-ed everything.

"Damn this place looks fuckin beast!"

Fawn turned toward the door at the sound of the voice. Her eyes widened when she saw Mix, the DJ from the Tennessee Peep Show, standing near the door.

Mix had black hair but the tips were a rainbow of colors. She had green eyes and freckles across her nose that was only visible in sunlight and if you were really close. She was tall with the body of a model but the attitude a, well, biker. She had a sleeve of tattoos on her right arm, on her thigh and side--and she wanted more.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Fawn asked as she hugged her.

"Slade wanted me to come be the DJ here. He said he trusts you, but he'd want the original Peep Show DJ to start the new club."

"True shit. Um, booth is over there if you wanna set up. Me and Sarah are just setting and cleaning things up."

Mix nodded and headed over to the booth. She began to fiddle with the gadgets. Sarah came over and smiled when Mix started to play music.

"She's good," she said. "What's her name?"

"Her name is Dorothy, but if you call her that she'll kill you. She goes by Mix. She loves to make her own mixes of music. It makes Peep Show unique." Fawn explained.

Sarah nodded and they got back to work, wiping down tables and stocking. They went into the dressing room and cleaned the mirrors and stocked the make-up and clothes.

Mix came bursting through the door. "We should go drinking!"

"Yes!" Sarah shouted. "I only get to drink at the club now, I want to go out for once."

She thought about it... Digger would be pissed if she didn't tell him, but he would try to stop her if she did. They never got to talk so she didn't know where they stood. So for now, she was a free woman and she didn't have to tell him shit.

"Let's go," she grinned.