Chapter Nine

Fawn walking into the clubhouse a few hours later. Digger wasn't there.

Since he kissed her, she had to wonder what exactly was going on in his head. He always used the excuse she was too good for him. What if she really wasn't?

She had secrets too. Secrets not even Trish knew and they'd been best friends for years. Fawn knew what the club did, she knew it wasn't pretty, and she knew Digger had blood on his hands.

If any of that had bothered her she would have stopped coming here. But she always came back. Again, she wondered if what she was about to do was the right thing.

The girl she asked to do the fliers walked up to her then. She had the hardest time remembering her name. "Hey, Bambi, I have a copy of the flier if you wanna see it?"

"Sure," she said and took the paper. If would have worked, if it wasn't just typed on a piece of paper. No decoration, no big font to make it pop out. Nothing. "This is good, hun, but it needs to be flashier."

"Flashy? I don't know how to do that."

She swore sometimes the stupidest girls came to the club. She sighed, "Ok, don't worry about it."

The girl smiled and skipped away. Fawn had to think of something.

She saw the girl the club rescued a few months ago and it clicked. She was a computer guru like Hacker. Maybe she could help.

Fawn ran up to her before she locked herself in her room. "Hey. Jaylen, right?"

Her eyes went wide and she flinched like Fawn was going to hit her, but she nodded. She looked like she wanted to bolt. The poor girl.

"I was wondering... I need fliers made up for the clubs new strip club, Peep Show. I had one of the club girls do it but," she held up the flier. "Can you help me?"

"Um... sure..." Jaylen said. "I don't have a computer though. They won't let me."

"Why?" Fawn asked.

"They're afraid I'll try to contact Jailer or Crank." She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself.

Fawn narrowed her eyes. "Huh. We'll see about that."

"W-what are you going to do?" Jaylen asked, following as Fawn began to walk away.

Fawn didn't respond. She looked for the nearest brother and, what do you know, it was Hatchett. She walked right up to him and tapped his arm.

He turned, a wide smile on his face. "Hey Fawn."

"I want you to get Jaylen a computer," she said.

His eyes went hard and cold. A lot of the brothers haven't forget that Jaylen was Jailer daughter and that he kidnapped Sarah and Snake. "No."

"Uh, yes. I need her help with something and she's needs a computer. Get. Her. One." Fawn crossed her arms. "Watch her, put a tracker on where she goes, I don't give a flying fuck. But you are getting her a computer. She'll be with Hacker until you have one."

Fawn walked away, Jaylen following close behind.

"That was risky," Jaylen whispered.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"You just stood up to him and demanded something of him. You weren't scared. If I had done that at home, I would have been beaten."

Fawn stopped outside Hacker's lair. "Well your not at home. Your safe here. We may be scary but the boys would never harm a woman." She said gently. Then she leaned in the room, "Hacker, Jaylen need a computer so she can help me. Thank you!"

Jaylen walked in the room as Fawn left. She barely heard him yell, "Fuck you, Fawn!" She laughed.

Now to search for Digger....

~~~~~~

Two hours of looking. And nothing. No one had seen or heard from Digger. No one was concern because "it's what he does".

Frustrated, she onto the couch. She kicked one leg over the back and threw and arm over her eyes. She needed to talk to him. They had to talk about this because obviously neither could stay away.

"Fawn, someone's out front, looking for you. Says he knew you from Tennessee." Viper says.

Groaning, she got up and walked outside. It was past dark but the guys had a huge bon fire going and they had lights set up. As soon as her eyes landed on the person outside the gate, she froze. Then she rushed forward.

"Cory! What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Wanted to say hi." He said, shrugging a shoulder.

She had them open the gate and let him in. "Tonight isn't a good night to be here. Friday's are the brother's party nights." She led him inside and into the empty game room.

They sat and talked for a while, having a couple of beers. Then she heard the music pick up. She bit her lip. It was time she got him out of here. She didn't want him thinking she was apart of this in the club.

"I think it's time to go," she said suddenly. She grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the door way, stopping as one of the club whore and a brother moved past them. They were lip-locked and tangled in each other.

Too late.

"C'mon--"

"Why don't we stay? We could have their kinda fun," Cory said, turning her around.

"Cory, what the hell?"

"Oh, come on, Fawn. You work at a strip club, your friends with bikers. It's not like this is new to you."

"Seriously? Your a pig!" She tried to push him away but he held onto her arms. He gripped her arms a little too tight and she let out a yelp.

"You fucking cunt!" Someone yelled. She recognized that voice. Cory was pulled away from her. Digger held him off the floor. "You're gonna fucking die for touching her."