"I'm telling you it'll be done by tomorrow."Alex nearly growls his hands made into fists on the table.

"Well the boss wants it done by tonight."The one seated by the window replies firmly.What the hell was going on?

I clear my throat softly feeling like I swallowed a swarm of bees.

"Are you guys ready to order?"I ask notepad and pen ready in hand.

"Well he won't get it by tonight."Alex ignores me and continues on going off."It'll be done tomorrow."

"Three black coffees."The one who's call my over orders quickly.Before injecting his voice in the conversation."Do you think this is a joke?"He sneers at Alex who instead just slouches back in his seat bringing his arms to cross over his chest.

"Of course I don't."Alex retorts."And that's why I'm telling you it'll be done tomorrow."I turn and walk away from them before I hear anymore of what I'm not supposed to.

I'm quick to walk back and hand the their drinks being sure to set down the cup of hot chocolate in front of Alex.

"Why is it taking so long?"The one by the window questions I look up at him only to see his question wasn't directed towards me but to Alex.

"Because it is."He answers without being at all effected.Honestly if these two men wanted to they could tear Alex to shreds.Literally.So why was Alex so calm and out together and not on the verge of an anxiety attack?

"Will that be all?"I question.

"For now."The one who'd ordered replies.I nod my head before turning away from the three of them and make my way back to my counter.

~•~

I'd gotten home from work almost two hours ago.And the first thing I did was take a bath to strip away the sticky pancake syrup some brat decided would be fun to throw around.

Now here I was with my wet hair and pajama shorts.Freddie was downstairs playing the tv a little to loud.And by a little I mean the volume was at maximum.

"Turn it down."I yelled which I doubt he'd even heard.

I was busy with my homework when the pebbles started hitting my window.At first I was hesitant but when they didn't stop and started pelting my window at a faster pace I decided to march on over to the other side of my window and check out what the hell was happening.

I opened my window up sticking my head out of my window only to have one of the pebbles being thrown hit my forehead.I spat out a colorful phrase rubbing my forehead.

"Sorry."I hear coming from the idiot who thought throwing rocks was a good idea.

"What are you doing?"I hiss at him turning my gaze to see the boy with the leather jacket.The street lights illuminated his body,shining a yellow light on his face making him look like gold.

"I'm trying to catch your attention."He hisses back.

"You do realize I have a front door."I state the obvious.

"But then what kind of entrance would that make?"He asks before he starts climbing on the fire escape entrance of my home.

"Well come on in."I roll my eyes as he starts climbing in through my window.

"Your rooms cute."He says looking around.

"How'd you know that was the window to my room?"I ask closing the window he'd entered from.

"Lucky guess."He shrugs before walking around so he was at the center of my room.

"Is there a reason why you're here?"I finally ask.

"We're going to sneak in to school tomorrow."he states turning to face me.And that's when I see what I had completely avoided before.

"What happened to your eye?"I ask stepping forward to get a better look.The discoloration around his left eye was practically screaming for attention.How had I missed it before?

"What?"His hand goes up to his bruise before he brings it back down."nothing."He states.

"Was it one of the guy?"I ask wondering what had happened after my shift was over.I out stretch my hand without thinking,I was practically an inch away from touching it before his hands clasp down on my wrist.

I halt feeling my back heat up and my spine tingle with fear.I look him straight in the eye when he speaks.

"Don't."The seriousness in his tone practically send me cowering to my knees.

"Sorry"I mumble pulling my arm away from his grasp.He runs his hands through his jet black hair letting out a low frustrated growl.

"Who else is home?"He asks turning to me.

"Freddie's downstairs."I murmur remembering my brother was still home.

"And your mother?"he asks raising a brow whilst crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"She's working late tonight."I inform him.

"Perfect."

~•~

Cough
Cough
Nudge
Nudge
How was that for an update?

Idk

Tell me what you think in the comments and be sure to vote!

Thanks for reading

-Anj