The unfamiliar phone

Start from the beginning

"Anytime, darling. Good luck, and don't forget to smile." Her father widely smiled and winked.

Liv rolled her eyes and got out of the car. A fake smile was shown on her face when she closed the door. She waved at him and entered the cafe. The cafe she was working at was one of the best cafes in the town. It was priced for the best coffee in the area. People loved to work at the cafe, meet up with friends, have an afternoon tea, grab a coffee before work.

It was a French-styled cafe; light green counter with French pastries, golden accents en flowers. The sitting area had a few dark brown couches and tables. The long work table in the back of the cafe had the most comfortable stools to sit on. It was a posher version of Starbucks. Before Liv started to work at the cafe, she used to come often to work on school.

"Good morning Liv!" Arthur greeted her happily. Arthur was the owner of the Cafe Art, also knows as CArt, a typical owner; long brown hair - always wearing it in a bun, a long brown beard and a smile people would immediately fall in love with.

"Morning," Liv greeted him back and walked upstairs to the lockers.

"You feel like it today," Victor sarcastically and fastened his apron.

Liv opened her locker and grabbed her dark leather apron. "Very much," she sighed. "Who's on duty today?"

"Arthur, Marie, you and me. You and Arthur are counter today," Victor informed her. 

2
"An espresso and cappuccino with an extra shot for table four," Liv called and cleaned the steamer.

"Liv, can you bring it? And go on a break?" Arthur suggested and padded her back.

Finally. "Sure," Liv said and left the counter. She grabbed the platter and walked over to table four. "An espresso?" She politely asked.

Oliver looked up and removed the sunglasses from her head. "How on earth can you still work?" He asked on a moody tone and sighed.

Liv smirked and placed the espresso in front of Oliver and the cappuccino in front of Isabelle.

"Good morning, loves, slept well?" She chuckled and took her apron off, making her incognito for the costumers to order something.

"What about no sleep?" Oliver said.

"The man's got a hangover," Isabelle smirked.

"Thanks." She moved to make a place for Liv to sit on the couch next to her.

"What brings you here?"

Oliver shoved a plate with chocolate cake towards Liv. "For the best espresso, of course." He took a sip before looking back in Liv's green eyes. "And because Belle said you needed to tell me something?"

Liv took a bite of the chocolate cake and frowned at Isabelle. "Needed to tell what?" Isabelle raised her eyebrows, giving the 'you know' look. "What?"

"The part you kissed that guy," Isabelle whispered.

Oliver almost chocked in his espresso. "You made out?" His eyes widened. "My innocent, shy Liv. Tell me everything. Now."

Liv placed the fork on the plate and ate the cake. "It's kinda your fault."

"How can this be my fault?!"

"Shh, we are at my work," she shushed Oliver. He rolled his eyes. "Well, you left me behind in the middle of the crowd." She gave him a fake smile. "Since I was all alone with strangers around me-"

"You decided to kiss a guy?" Oliver finished. "Yes, girl. You did well."

Isabelle smirked and wrapped her hands around the cup.