I took that.

The next few pictures were from a Christmas party we went to, during our junior year. One with us and a group of friends, and two more with us under a mistletoe.

Tears started to form.

I looked through all the moments we had captured. Baseball and football games, dates, parties, and relaxing at each others houses. They all brought back so many memories of what we once had.

Now, each one was a lie. Each one, a cover up for our flawed relationship.

I'm not so proud of what I did, but I did it and I'll never be able to take it back.

I shut the box with my trembling hands as I cried.

I once again rested my head in my hands, What the hell were you thinking David? Was it really worth it?

I wiped away the tears and stood to look at the mess I had made earlier. I picked up the alarm clock and set it back on the dresser with the box. Everything else that i shoved off the dresser, I left on the ground.

I picked up my beer bottle that I had spilled while going through everything.

When did that happen? Didn't I just take a drink of that?

I stumbled into the kitchen to grab another.

"Hello?" I heard Reagan enter through the front door.

"Hey babe, hows was... how was work?" The words slurred.

She walked into the living room, where I was flipping through channels as I relaxed on the recliner.

"It was fine," she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and looked at me, "What do you want for dinner?" she asked as she turned away.

I put down the footstool of the recliner and
followed her into the kitchen. She turned on the light and it revealed a bruise on her chin.

How long has that been there? Did I do that to her?

"What do you want for dinner?" she repeated, putting down her phone and keys.

I ignored her question and moved towards her. She backed up against the counter.

"David- " I shushed her and put my hands on her hips.

"David you're drunk."

I smiled and squeezed her hips as I closed my eyes and kissed her cheek.

"Ouch," she tried pushing me away and then hit me.

"Hey," I yelled and stumbled over the words, "w-watch it."

"David," she started to cry, "you're drunk."

"I'm, not drunk," I pulled her close as the words hesitated to come out.

Her tears stopped as she stopped fighting me.

I moved her so that she was against the wall next to the counter.

"I'm so sorry, for everything I've, for what I've done to you." My words jumbled as my face stood inches away from hers, and at that moment I started to cry.

Reagan's POV

"I-I never meant to," he paused as his head rested on my shoulder, "to-to," he paused to try and control his stuttering, "I never meant to do what I did to you, and to lie to you." His sobs grew quiet as he looked up at me.

"It's okay," I nodded as I placed my hand on his cheek.

He overlapped my hand with his as his lips met mine. They were soft. They were forgiving. Do something it's another trap!

I ignored the voice in my head and kept kissing him. Wake. Up.

His lips moved to my ear, his warm breath smelled like alcohol. All of the sudden he slammed my arms against the wall.

"Ow, what the hell David?" I tried to loosen his grip but it seemed impossible.

"No one will ever love you, you little whore," he tightened his grip, "all you have is me, you got that?" The pain shot up my arms causing tears to roll down my face, I nodded. "Leave me..." his grip slowly loosened as he just stared at me with a cold, heartless look, "and I'll kill you."

He took my wrist and looked at me with that same look and whispered, "Get out."

I didn't move, "David wh- "

"Damn it Reagan, I said get out!" He motioned to the front door, "Pack your shit and leave, go!"

Tears started to form again. Not from pain, or sadness, but from frustration. I knew I could help him, instead he wanted me to run away, to run away from my problems like he does.

I hurried up the stairs and stuffed my old backpack with a few change of clothes.

ahhhhhh sorry this has 50 million things going on, but i wanted to give you guys a little bit of david's pov

ps. please comment & vote :)

- ab♡