Adam Parrish X Abused!Reader

Character – Adam Parrish

Reader Insert – Y/N

Writing prompt – X Abused!Reader

Sundays were always slow at the garage; Adam hated it. It only reminded him of how hungry he was. His stomach rumbled at the thought of food. He reached into his pocket and felt around for loose change. He sighed and eyed the vending machine dreamily. Not one to waste free time, Adam pulled out his - well Persephone's – tarot cards. Cabeswater had been trying to communicate to him today, but Adam had been too busy to stop and listen.

"What have you got for me today?" He whispered to the deck as he shuffled them. He felt them in his hands. The smoothness of the surface; the heaviness of the deck. He thought of Cabeswater. He asked it what it wanted; what it needed. He had vowed to be its eyes and ears after all.

"Um, hello?"

Adam's head shot up and he dropped the cards. His eyes met a pair of E/C. It was a young woman; she looked to be about Adam's age.

"Are you guys open? Our car broke down outside." She asked, looking at him nervously.

"Oh, uh- "He bent down to pick up the cards.

The girl joined him.

He looked up at her as he reached for a card she had just picked up. "Oh, you don't have to- "

As she reached to pick up another one her sleeve rode up exposing a purplish bruise on her forearm.

Adam stopped immediately.

She noticed and handed him the cards she had picked up. She stood up and brushed the dust off of her knees.

"We'll, um, look for another garage then." She said, forcing a smile and hurrying off.

"Wait!" Adam called. "We're open." He adjusted the tarot deck and pocketed them in his overalls.

She turned halfway out of the room. "Are you sure?" She rubbed her arm nervously.

He jogged up to her and nodded. "Yeah." He stopped himself from investigating her arm further. It wasn't his problem. "What's your name?"

She looked in the direction of the door as if she was afraid that someone was watching. "Y/N." She said looking back at Adam. "Yours?" She looked nervous to ask, the hesitance in her voice confused Adam. It was like she was afraid to.

"Adam." He replied. "Well, Y/N. Where is this car?" He asked, crossing his arms over his overalls.

"Follow me." She said, beckoning him to follow her over her shoulder.

Y/N seemed like she was in a rush; like she was anxious to hurry things along. Adam had to jog to catch up with her.

"So has your car done this before?" He asked, trying to keep her pace.

She looked over at him and realized that she was walking too fast. "Sorry." She flashed him a soft smile. "Force of habit." She slowed her pace to one that Adam was more comfortable with and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Cold?" Adam asked.

"Something like that." She muttered. She avoided eye contact with him and pointed to a car on the side of the road. "There it is."

Adam followed where her finger pointed. His eyes landed on a white, dirt-stained pick-up truck. Inside sat a man smoking a cigarette out of the window. He scowled when he spotted Y/N.

"They hell took you so long?" He questioned when they had made it to the truck.

Y/N looked down, hugging her chest tighter. "Sorry, daddy. It took me a while to find him."