Ronan Lynch x Female!Reader

Character - Ronan Lynch

Reader Insert – Y/N

Writing Prompt – 'I want your number.'

Y/N L/N, to put it simply, was a loner. She walked alone, ate alone, sat alone; she never even made eye contact with anyone. But she didn't really seem to mind this. She had gotten used to being a background character, one could say she excelled in it. Ronan found it fascinating how someone could be so invisible, seeing as his mere presence demanded attention. Y/N's family were rich beyond imagination, so her parents managed to bribe the Aglionby board to let her attend. Y/N often tucked her hair into her cap and wore pants to pass as a guy; she wasn't big on attention. Y/N had captivated Ronan from the moment she bumped into him in the hallway. Ronan was about to tell her to look where she was going when he caught her eyes. The light reflected off of her eyes, making them look like they harbored stars. Her eyes were a light hazel, a greeny-brown; they reminded him of Cabeswater. Y/N muttered out a quick 'Sorry..' and pulled down her cap. Ronan stared after her until she had escaped his line of view. Ever since then, Ronan found himself observing her. She always had her hair pulled back into her cap, but a few red strands often fell loose. Ronan often caught her poking her tongue out when she was concentrating or studying; he'd never admit it, but he thought she looked adorable when she did that. But observing was as far as Ronan had gotten. He didn't quite know how to start to interact with her, much to Gansey's amusement.

It was a lunch break at Aglionby Academy and Ronan and the boys were sat in the cafeteria. A tray of hot food sat in front of Ronan, but something more interesting had caught his eye. Y/N sat at a table at the back of the hall, a book in one hand and an apple in the other. Ronan leaned on his hand, staring intently in her direction. Gansey chuckled, breaking Ronan out of his Y/N-induced trance.

"What?" Ronan asked, looking between a smirking Gansey and an eyebrow-raising Adam.

"Ronan, will you just ask her out already?" Gansey said motioning to Y/N.

Ronan grunted. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Gansey rolled his eyes and Adam scoffed. "Oh really? So, it wasn't her cap I saw sitting on your desk this morning?"

Ronan's head whipped in Adam's direction. "I've told you about going into my room." He growled; his eyes narrowed. Adam swore that Ronan was blushing.

Adam put up his hands in surrender. "You shut Chainsaw in, she was squawking."

Ronan's face softened a little and his gaze found Y/N once again. She took a sip of her coffee and went back to her book. He was about to start eating hid food when he saw Y/N's face fall. Her eyes widened and she clutched her book tightly with both hands; she looked shocked and pained. Ronan's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He didn't realize that he was gripping the table until the plastic skirting fell away in his hand.

He looked down at the table, "Shit." He hissed, trying haphazardly to put it back on.

Adam looked from Ronan to Y/N and smirked. "She's just reading Ronan, chill."

Ronan gave him a cold glare before jumping when someone placed a cold hand on his shoulder.

"The fuck-"Ronan began before seeing who it was. "For fuck's sake Noah." He sighed, dramatically holding his hand to his heart. "How are you even here?"

"I'm feeling better today," Noah said softly.

Although he was staring into Ronan's eyes, he sounded distant; like he wasn't quite here. Noah bent down to Gansey's level and whispered something into his ear. Whatever it was, it made Gansey cast a nervous glance at Ronan, before whispering back to Noah that it would be 'his funeral'. Noah gave him a weird look before walking away from their table and towards Y/N's. Gansey facepalmed and leaned over the table to tell Adam what was happening. Ronan's eyebrows furrowed at their strange behavior before he cast his attention back to Y/N. Much to his surprise, Y/N wasn't alone. Standing next to her seat was a smudgy looking boy that Ronan immediately identified as Noah.