Chapter Twenty-Four

The people at the  Malfoy Manor were getting ready for battle. For Draco, Ophelia, and Blaise, they would be fighting for Hogwarts and all of their friends. They refused to ever serve Voldemort, whether he was Ophelia's father or not. Everyone knew that Ophelia would never join her father's "cause", as she would never join something that involved doing such cruel acts. 

Voldemort knew she wouldn't join, but he was still hoping that she would change her mind and stand by his side. He knew that he most likely wouldn't last much longer, due to Harry Potter destroying the Horcruxes. Voldemort already knew that the last of the Horcruxes is Nagini. Voldemort knew he couldn't let anything happen to her, but he also knew he couldn't let anything happen to Ophelia. No matter how badly he wanted to protect her from her enemies, he knew he couldn't. He knew he had his priorities, and where Ophelia was now one of them, he had other things to do first. Like killing Harry Potter. 

Draco, Ophelia, and Blaise were being forced to arrive with the Death Eaters, but they had a plan to apparate away to their friends once they had gotten there. No one else knew they were doing this, except for Narcissa. The three of them trusted Narcissa with their lives. And Narcissa would do anything to protect the three of them. No one had any doubt that Draco would protect Ophelia in any way he could. And no one had any doubt that Ophelia would do the same thing for Draco.  They love each other too much to have anything happen to one another. They would die for one another, but of course, they would never say that out loud. The thought of either of them being dead was just too much to think about. 

The trio had refused to think about the thought of any of them dying. They all love one another too much. 

The trio was sitting in the garden when Voldemort and Lucius come up to them. Draco wrapped his arm around Ophelia as a precaution. Even though Voldemort and his father had made a deal, he didn't trust his father enough. Lucius gave his son a look, silently telling him to knock it off.

"We are ready to go," Voldemort stated and Ophelia frowned. She was beyond devastated knowing that some of her friends were going to get hurt. The trio slowly stood and sighed. They grabbed hands and walked slowly toward the ground. Narcissa stood behind them and rubbed the children's backs. The Zabini family then quickly made their way to their children and Draco. They gave them encouraging smiles, silently telling the children that everything will be okay. They sighed as they apparated to the hill outside the castle. 

The scene in front of Ophelia terrified her to her very core. 

She saw the fires, she saw her friends fighting Giants, Acromantulas, and Dementors. Ophelia started to cry as she saw some people she knew fall, knowing they would never again get up. She covered her mouth with her hand and choked on a sob. Draco held her close and kissed her forehead, mumbling quiet words to her in an attempt to calm her down. Blaise rubbed her back in an attempt to try and calm her down. Her mind immediately went to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. She became terrified, wondering if they are okay. She felt the need to run, but she knew she had to wait for the perfect moment to leave her father and his followers. She couldn't make stupid decisions that might end up in her or her friends get hurt. 

Then they saw Neville running to the edge of the bridge. It was then that everyone noticed the forcefield surrounding the castle. Ophelia gave Neville a worried look, hoping he understood her silent sign of asking for help. Draco and Blaise also gave Neville the same look and he looked torn. They saw him send out a Patronus, hopefully telling their friends what was going on. Ophelia was trying her best to keep her composure around everyone else. Narcissa nonchalantly walked up to the children and put her hands on Draco's and Ophelia's shoulders. She was trying to be discrete and was hoping she was being successful. 

"Look, the moment that there is a hole in that forcefield, get in there and save your friends, and save yourselves. Get the hell away from here and fight for your fucking lives." Narcissa whispered and Ophelia shed a tear. She quickly wiped it away as Voldemort walked over.

"I'm glad to see you on this side of Hogwarts, Ophelia. I'm glad my daughter is fighting for the cause." Ophelia glared at her father as her lip trembled. The death eaters went silent, not knowing that their lord had a child. 

"I will never fight with you." Ophelia cried as she stared her father in the eyes. Voldemort felt a pang to his heart. He didn't understand why his daughter didn't want to fight along his side. He also didn't understand why he was feeling the way he was. He felt the need to comfort his daughter, but he didn't know how she would react. However, he does know that she does care for him in some aspect due to him being her father. The death eaters had started trying to take down the forcefield and Voldemort watched. This included Narcissa and the Zabini's. Ophelia cried as she watched her family help tear down the forcefield. She could tell that they didn't want to, and they felt horrible for doing it, but they all knew they had to do it in order for everything to look normal. 

After a few minutes, a hole had opened in the field. Draco, Blaise, and Ophelia all nodded toward one another and held hands. Voldemort looked over and looked a little shocked as she sent him a glare and apparated them to the castle. Voldemort felt a piece of himself break from his daughter leaving him. He really thought she would change her mind. He loved her and was hoping for her to stand by his side, as father and daughter. Voldemort sighed and continued to get the field down, hoping it won't come down to having to kill his own daughter.