Chapter Nine

Ophelia, Hermione, and Ginny were all looking for ball gowns. Andromeda was helping the girls out and actually recognized Ophelia.

"Ophelia! It's so lovely to see you!" The two women hugged while continuing to look for dresses.

"I don't believe we've met yet! I'm Andromeda, Draco's aunt. You, however, must be Hermione Granger." Hermione smiled and shook Andromeda's hand.

"I am, it's a pleasure to meet you. You have a lovely store." Hermione admired the dresses and other accessories being sold. Andromeda chuckled and sighed.

"Yes, I am quite proud of this place. I don't believe I know you, darling, what's your name?" Andromeda looked at Ginny. She could already tell Ginny was a Weasley but did not want to make assumptions.

"Ginny Weasley, Ma'am." Andromeda and Ginny shook hands. Ginny expected Andromeda to insult her, as that was what the Malfoy's always did. Andromeda seemed to notice Ginny's passive-aggressive state and gave a small smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, darling. I apologize for whatever the Malfoy's have ever said to you. You won't be getting any of that treatment here, for I am a Black." Andromeda smiled and Ginny started to, then frowned upon realization.

"So, that means you were Sirius' relative?" Andromeda sighed in sadness. She truly did miss Sirius. They were close a long time ago, and she knew that he was innocent.

"Yes, I was. I miss him terribly." Andromeda held her chest and sighed and attempted to change the topic. Ophelia saw this and tried changing the mood.

"Well, Andromeda, why don't you help us look for dresses? Hogwarts is having a ball." Andromeda smiled at the girl and sighed.

"Yes, what kinds of dresses were you girls looking for? Ball gowns?" The trio nodded and Andromeda gave a larger smile and brought out a variety of gowns in different lengths, colors, and different sizes of poofiness.

"Alright, who wants to go first?" Andromeda asked and Ophelia was the first one to raise her hand. Ginny and Hermione laughed as she ran to the rack of dresses. Immediately finding a beautiful ball gown. It had a silver, sparkly top with a dark green bottom. Perfect Slytherin colors.

"It's perfect and in my size! I'm gonna try it on!" Ophelia squealed and after she entered the dressing room, she quickly put it on and came out doing a twirl. Hermione and Ginny gasped, as it suited Ophelia perfectly.

"Merlin's Beard! It's perfect!" Ginny clapped her hands excitedly.

"That looks wonderful on you!" Hermione laughed and Ophelia jumped up and down.

"Andromeda it's perfect!" Ophelia sat happily next to Hermione and Ginny went to pick out a dress. Ginny saw two different hangars and, with a confused expression, picked up both of them. Ginny gasped when she saw it was a two-piece and ran to the dressing room in excitement. Ginny needed to ask Andromeda to help zip up, but after that, she came right out with a twirl like Ophelia's. Now it was Hermione and Ophelia's turn to be amazed. It was a two-piece red dress with a lacey-sequin goldish top.

"Wow! That looks amazing on you Ginny!" Hermione laughed and Ginny took a bow."

"That truly does suit you, Ginny. You should get it!" Ophelia smiled as Ginny sighed.

"I probably don't have the money for it." Ginny rubbed her arms and sighed.

"Nonsense! I'm covering the both of you. Now Hermione, your turn." Before Ginny could argue, Ginny was sat down next to Ophelia and Hermione was thrown toward the rack. Hermione was picky about dresses, as she never wanted to show too much of herself. However, Hermione also wanted Ronald to think she was beautiful, and wanted to show off a little. And then Hermione found something that had potential. The dress was a red ball gown with a yellow sequin top, with a slit right down the middle of the top to expose some of her breasts. But not too much and Hermione was perfectly fine with that. She took it to the dressing room and when she came out, she blushed at the compliments received.