Chapter Eleven

Draco, Ophelia, Ronald, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny were waiting in the crowd until they were told who could start dancing first. McGonagall came out and started speaking.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Ball! We hope you have a lovely time with your dates and hope the evening goes as planned for all of you," Professor McGonagall paused as she looked around. She noticed the excited couples, as well as Lavender and Pansy in the corner. Minerva wasn't stupid, as she knew Pansy wanted to be with Draco and Lavender with Ronald. She sighed before she continued her speech.

"Tonight, we will begin with seventh years joining the dancefloor with their dates." Minerva stepped away and the seventh years walked onto the dance floor with their dates. The new group of friends got ready with their dates, along with a few more couples. A slow song started playing and everyone started dancing. Slowly but surely, all of the other years that attended the Ball went onto the dance floor in descending order. First was the Sixth years, then the fifth and then the fourths. The people that didn't have dates sat down at tables and hung out either by themselves or with a few friends. Pansy and Lavender hated seeing "their men" with different people.

"I didn't know you could dance this well, Draco." Ophelia smiled at him and he smiled back. Draco spun her outward, spun her back into him, dipped her, kissed her, and brought her back up. Everyone 'awed' at the move Draco made and some Slytherins patted his back give him a thumbs up. Draco chuckled as Ophelia blushed red. Draco gave his signature smirk and Ophelia swooned right then and there. She couldn't believe that this incredible man was hers.

"Mother insisted that I be taught. Specifically for times like this." Draco once again spun Ophelia outward, then brought her back in. Ophelia's back was against Draco's chest, and his arms were around her, and her arms on top of his. Ophelia's heart was bursting with joy.

"I'm glad she did. I will have to thank her later." Draco smiled but sighed. Draco didn't tell her, but his mother had written to him a while ago, saying everything that was being planned by Voldemort. Narcissa knew that the Ophelia the Dark Lord was looking for was my girlfriend. However, the people around them all believed that she truly was a muggle-born, not a half-blood. Draco replied to his mother, to tell them that the only Ophelia here was Zabini, and she indeed was a muggle-born. Whatever Ophelia they were looking for, he would need a last name to attempt to look for her. He also said in the letter he will not be sending several letters to his family, as he didn't want anything to look suspicious. His mother also told him she was destroying Lucius' letters to him, warning him about everything, and telling her not to reply to this letter and to say that you hadn't gotten any of Lucius' owls. Draco also wrote to his mother about his newfound relationship with the Gryffindors and Ophelia. Narcissa was beyond pleased with her son, just thankful that he was happy. Ophelia noticed Draco was lost in his thoughts and she kissed his cheek softly. The slow song ended and an upbeat song came on. Ophelia and Draco went to sit at a table away from Pansy and Lavender, along with Harry, Ginny, Ronald, and Hermione. The six of them sat down at a table and laughed for a while. Draco smirked at Harry and made a comment.

"See, Potter? Told you you'd be my friend." Draco smirked and Harry rolled his eyes and laughed. He shrugged his shoulders and spoke up.

"I guess you're right Malfoy." Hermione gasped but looked towards Ophelia and smiled.

"What?" Harry looked at Hermione while she was giggling.

"Pansy and Lavender are leaving together. It's happening." Ophelia gasped and grabbed Hermione and acted like they were going to dance together on the dance floor.

"In a minute after they leave, we're going to tell McGonagall about what's going on," Ophelia stated as Hermione was facing the entrance of the Great Hall. Once Lavender and Pansy had left, Ophelia and Hermione made their way to Professor McGonagall. She was conversing with Professor Snape and Sprout when you asked to speak with them.