Chapter Eight

Draco, Ophelia, Ronald, and Hermoine all did what they planned to do. They grabbed a variety of hairs from animals that had a similar hair color. Hermoine and Ronald used some of Crookshanks' hair and Ophelia found a dark brown rat and used some of its hair and placed it on her desk. She then gave herself a little hair cut and burned that hair so Pansy couldn't get to it. Ophelia skipped out of Draco's bedroom and into the common room. Ophelia saw Pansy in the corner and she smiled more.

"Guys! I gave myself a little hair cut, does everyone like it?" Some of her fellow Slytherins came up to her and complimented her new hair. She saw Pansy just staring at her.

"Pansy? Do you like my hair? I really care about your opinion." Ophelia gave an innocent smile and Pansy smirked.

"Yes, it's lovely. Say, by any chance, did you dispose of the hair you cut off yet?" Pansy realized this was her perfect chance. She knew it was too good to be true, but she couldn't take any chances of not getting hair.

"No, not yet. I just got done actually. I only got rid of dead ends, but I think it looks much better like this. Why do you ask?" Ophelia knew she had grabbed Pansy's attention. Pansy only smiled and replied.

"Nothing in particular. You look like you are on your way out, would you like me to clean it up for you?" Pansy gave Ophelia a sickly-sweet smile.

"Awe, that's sweet of you Pansy. That would be lovely. I cut my hair on my desk so that it didn't go everywhere. Thanks again, Pansy." Ophelia smiled and walked out of the common room. She giggled to herself and skipped away toward the Gryffindor common room, waiting to hear how it went with Hermione and Ronald.

Pansy went into the shared bedroom of the two Slytherins and found the hair on the desk. Pansy eyed the hair warily, as it didn't look like Ophelia's. She did, however, say she only cut dead ends, so that has to explain why the hair is so small. Pansy grabbed a little vial from her pocket and placed the hairs in there. She frowned at the hair, knowing she would have to consume it. Pansy put the vial back in her pocket and walked out of the room, happily hiding the vial from everyone else.

Hermione and Ronald had just planted Crookshanks' hair on their pillows and desks. They used the Engorgio charm to make 'Hermione's' hair longer, and more believable. The two decided to go back downstairs and hang out with Harry and Ginny. Ronald took out his Potions homework and tried sliding it towards Hermione.

"Ronald! For the last time! I will not do your homework for you!" Hermione groaned in annoyance and when she turned around to grab her own homework, she saw Lavender standing behind her. Hermione looked at Ronald and sighed.

"Fine, Ronald. I will at least help you. However, you have to try it yourself first. Deal?" Ronald smiled and shook her hand.

"Deal. Mind if I borrow your quill, 'Mione?" Hermione nodded and looked around her bag.

"I think I must have left it upstairs after doing homework at my desk. Do you mind grabbing it, Ron?" Ronald frowned.

"Well, I don't want to grab it."

"You asked if you could borrow my quill, Ronald. You should at least get it since you are the one that needs it, not me." Hermione laughed, knowing Lavender would do anything for Ronald. Lavender saw this as her opportunity and jumped in.

"I could grab it for you, Ron." Lavender smiled sweetly and after looking at Hermione, shrugged his shoulders and nodded toward Lavender.

"Thanks, Lavender." Hermione turned around to give her instructions.

"The quill should be on my desk, and my ink should be on my nightstand." Lavender nodded and practically ran upstairs. Everyone else figured it was just to make Ron happy. The trio, however, knew it was because she was about to find cat hair. Once Lavender was at Hermione's desk, she quickly looked around for hair, quickly finding a few strands, put the hair in a vial and put that in her pocket, while retrieving the ink and quill. Once Lavender came back downstairs, she gave Ronald the ink and quill and sat down at the table.