Chapter 33

"Yes , she's two weeks pregnant". I said looking straight into Sandra's eyes.

She was speechless.

"Really ?". She asked happily.

"Yes". I replied.

"I'm so happy". She said excitedly. But then she stopped smiling. "But ... is she going to be a single mother?".

I lowered my head.

"Oh my God ! What am I gonna do ?". She cried. "Her life is ruined , how didn't I notice all these things. He ruined my daughter's life". She started crying heavily.

I approached her and tapped my hand on her shoulder.

"It's ok ... she's going to be alright". I said.

"Can I meet her ?". She said with her eyes closed.

"Yes". I said.

She quickly stood up and went straight to Katy's room.

End of Ryan's POV

Sandra entered the room silently. She saw Katy lying on the bed with her eyes closed.

Sandra get closer and sat beside her.

"Katy ?". She whispered.

Katy didn't spoke but opened her eyes.

"Doctors said that you're..." , Katy interrupted her mother.

"I know mom. I know". She said.

Sandra gulped and lost in her thoughts searching for few nice words to say this.

"I don't wanna be mean but ... you know you can ... like abort your child". Said Sandra. "I mean if you don't want it otherwise I'm totally happy with every decision you make".

"No mom ! I can't take someone's life. I'm going to raise this child". Katy replied. Her tears fall down on the pillow.

Sandra noticed it and felt bad for her daughter. "Katy sweetheart you don't have to take so much burden on you. I'm sorry that I left you alone here ... But I'm here to give penalty for my mistake".

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in". Said Sandra wiping her tears. Katy wiped her tears too.

Ryan entered the room with a tray. He placed the tray on the table and turned towards Katy.

"Lunch time". He said smiling widely.

"I don't want lunch". Said Katy as she moved her heads on the other side. Ryan looked at Sandra. Sandra gestered him that she's okay.

"Katy , the lunch is yummy. It's your favourite". Said Ryan as he walked towards Katy and stood infront of her.

"I'm not hungry". Replied Katy.

"Katy look it's not about only you now, your child...must be hungry". Said Ryan.

When Katy didn't replied further. Ryan went outside of the room and went to the rest room.

He started coughing violently. He quickly took out two pills from a bottle in his pocket and drank the water.

He started crying. He sat down beside the sink and cried his heart out. His hands gone through his hairs and he lowered his head.

It looked like as if his shoulders are heavy. Heavy enough to bear even.

Meanwhile Marve's office

"Sir ?". Someone called.

"Hmm". Marve said before jolting himself back from his thoughts.

"Why are you so quiet today ?". Asked his assistant.

"No actually I'm thinking about all this divorce thing".

"Sign those papers sir. It's not like you love her or something. You can marry another girl". Said the assistant.

"Yes I'm thinking the same...." , then he stopped and closed his eyes. "I'll goto the court today at 4. Remind me please".

"Okay sir".

Back to the Hospital

Ryan came back to Katy's room. He saw that Katy was reading a book and Sandra was sleeping on the couch.

He walked towards Katy. "Are you ready to eat now ?".

She didn't answer but didn't stopped reading. Ryan took the book from her hands and placed it on the table. He then brought the tray to Katy.

"Let's eat together". He said. He then filled up the spoon with some soup and get it close to her mouth.

Katy drank the soup. While looking in Ryan's piercing yet very sad eyes. Katy noticed something very strange in his eyes.

As if he's trying to say something but can't. As if he is hiding something.

Wait... He was trying to say something earlier. Katy remembered that time where she was sitting on the bench and Ryan was continuously saying something but she wasn't listening because she was about to faint.

Then she stopped and again looked at Ryan. "Ryan ?". She called.

"Yeah".

"You want to say something?". She asked.

"No". The answer came a little late from Ryan's side.

"No you were ... in the park , on that bench".

"No I wasn't... It's okay. I'll now leave. you should rest. I will come back again tomorrow. And from now onwards I will take care of you". He said and left the room.

Sandra woke up by the door closing sound. "He left already ?". She asked stretching her body.

Katy nod. "Mom ?".

"Yeah ?".

"I think he was trying to say something... but he couldn't". Said katy.

"Who Ryan ?". Asked Sandra.

"Yes. He was saying something to me at the park before I was fainted. But I couldn't exactly catch that". Said katy.

"Must be something important. Ask him again".

"I did. He said he wasn't saying something. But I know he was. He was saying something ... something like... I don't know mom but I want to know". Said Katy.

"Relax Katy. Ask him again tomorrow. And yes the court shouldn't know about you being pregnant otherwise they will not allow for the divorce. Tomorrow we have to goto the court". Said Sandra.

"Mom.. I can't goto the court in this situation". Said Katy.

Sandra thought for a moment.

"Look ! We have to get to the court tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last date for the divorce. Then our lawyer will not be available soon enough". Replied Sandra.

Katy nod.

Ryan's House

"Ryan where were you ?". Asked Aurora.

"Mom , I was at the hospital...." ,

"Hospital ? Which hospital ? Why ? When ? Are you okay ? Did you took your medication on time ? Why were you in the hospital? Answer me Ryan".

"Mom relax. I told you about Katy... now she's pregnant. Pregnant with Marve's child". Replied Ryan.

"Ryan.. my son you should tell her about your feelings. Before its too late. Tell her that you love her..." ,

"It's not easy mom. I can't. What If I'm doing something wrong ?".

"You're not. Bringing back someone to what's called a real life is not wrong. And now she's even taking divorce. You have your chance. It's now or never". Said Aurora as she held Ryan's hand and hug him tightly.

"And please take care of yourself".

"I am". Said Ryan smiling.

D̶e̶a̶r̶ H̶u̶s̶b̶a̶n̶d̶जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें