Pt.5

"I don't think he has what it takes

"I don't think he has what it takes." I told Jaime who stood next to me as we stood in the gallery overlooking the court.

We watched the new Hand of The King, Lord Owen Merryweather, sit on a small chair in front of the iron throne. My grandfather had taken ill for the past few days and left his new hand free reign of the Kingdom.

"What time do you think we'll be able to leave?" Jaime asked as he shifted his weight from foot to foot.

"Tired already Ser Jaime?" I asked. He didn't need to answer as I turned around and began walking away. Leaving the court behind stepping into the empty hall.

"Rather boring isn't it?" He asked now that we were walking towards the Maidenvault with no one around to hear his complaints but me.

"It's just of bunch of petty squabbles from petty lords coming to court so the hand can settle their feud." He said his hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

"It may be petty squabbles to us but not to them."

"I have bigger problems. Bigger than if my neighbor stole fifty of my goats." He said as we walked slowly under the hot sun.

"Bigger problems? Forgive me Ser Jaime if I don't immediately recognize the problems you speak of. Unless you are leading a secret double life that I'm unaware of but standing in front of a door doesn't seem like much of a problem." I looked up to him as he simply smiled

"There's no need to worry your pretty silver head about me Princess. Whatever problems I have I promise they won't reach you." He said as the shade of the tower of the maidenvault enveloped us.

"How about we do something fun today? We can go to the market perhaps you'll find some new fabric for a dress. Or we can go to the docks and see what they bring over from Essos!" He asked excitedly as I couldn't help but give him a small smile.

"That all sounds fun but I'm not allowed to leave the castle grounds." I told him as his excitement dimmed

"Aren't allowed? What, is there fear that you may run away?" He asked as the Stark guards that once stood by the entrance of the maidenvault were all gone. Returned to the North.

"I would if I could." I said as we walked in silence as we passed by Targaryen guards. We entered the small keep and walked towards the walled off garden courtyard.

"Why is there a fear of you running away?" Jaime asked once we were once again alone. He sat back in the chair as a servant came and quickly brought us iced tea and some pastries.