9

I sat on the chair in front Uncle Ned's desk as he wrote away on the parchment. I played with my floral sleeve and propped my feet up on the other chair.

I sighed as Uncle Ned put down his quill and crossed his hands on his desk and looked at me

"That is the tenth sigh in the past fifteen minutes. And you've been here an hour. I have a feeling that you want me to ask you what is plaguing you. So I will. What's plaguing you my dear child?" He asked as I put my feet down.

"I'm so glad you asked Uncle Ned." I said as I leaned my elbows onto the desk. I once again sighed before I spoke.

"A month ago Rhaenyra and I went out for a ride after supper." I said as he nodded

"And she mentioned something that's been plaguing me ever since." I said

"Which is?" He asked

"That...and I totally do not understand where she gets this assumption from..that I have feelings...for someone." I said as he gave a small knowing smile.

"And who may this someone be?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"You wouldn't know him." I said waving my hand at him.

"So what is it that troubles you?" He asked as I twiddled my thumbs.

"What troubles me is that....she may be correct. I may...possibly have feelings for this person." I said

"But what if...that person doesn't feel the same way?" I asked

"Its funny. A fortnight ago a young lad came in here to talk about the same thing." He said as I raised a brow

"And I'll tell you the same thing I told him. She feels the same way. But in this case, he feels the same way." He said

"So what should I do?" I asked

"Whatever your heart tells you to do." He said

"But what if things go wrong?" I asked as he shook his head. He leaned in with a smile.

"My child, Robb feels the same way." He said

"I...I am not talking about Robb." I stuttered as he laughed.

"Whatever you say my child." He said as I stood from the chair.

"Okay." I said

"I'll tell this person my feelings." I said

"Good." Uncle Ned said pleased

"But if things go wrong it's on you." I said as he raised his hands.

"As you wish." He said as I nodded. I took a deep breath.

"Okay. I can do this." I said to him.

"Thank you Uncle." I said as I walked out of the room.

I walked around the castle with a new sense of purpose and a renewed sense of joy. Everything seemed brighter. The sounds of birds chirping seemed louder than before.