28

It had been two weeks since I woke up from my injuries. The only company I had during that time consisted mostly of Arya.

Sansa was busy following her mother around the castle to try and prepare for the Kings arrival. But she would visit me before she went to bed to read to me.

Astrid has gone home to her fathers keep to visit but was soon to return. And Rhaenyra left to visit her father in law along with Torvi, the twins, and Harald.

My brothers had still not returned from their visit to the Poldarks but we had received a raven explaining that they were going to help the family with the farm and due to return later today.

I looked away from the window to look at Arya as she riffled through my chests taking out dresses long forgotten. She left the dresses a heap on the floor but I did not mind. I saw as she entered the room where I kept more chests and disappeared into the room.

I looked back out the window to see four wagons pass under the gate filled with barrels. Aunt Catelyn greeted them but from so high up the tower I was unable to hear what was being said. I jumped at the sudden sound coming from the closet and turned to the door.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Arya responded I couldn't detect any pain in her voice so I took her word for it.

I looked back out the window, Aunt Catelyn had left as a horn was blown from out the walls.

I saw as no one panicked and the gates were kept open. It was merely my brothers returning. The men holding the Stark banners entered first, the banners flapping proudly in the air. Those men were followed by my brothers direwolves. Bounding in the yard before taking off out of sight.

And finally entered my brothers and Robb. I saw as he quietly handed his horse away and walked out of Winterfell once again. I looked down at my brothers and stared at Aragorn until he finally looked up to my tower.

I nodded for him to come to my room as Arya came out of the closet.

"Why in the world do you have such a dirty dress?" Arya asked as I turned to see her holding up a red dress.

The dress had faded in parts and had dried mud at the hem. But all in all the dress had kept together quite well after so many years.

"You don't want to touch that dress Arya." I said crossing from the window to her.

"Why not?" She asked as I took the dress from her hands as she let it go without a fight.

"This dress is bad luck." I said simply as I ran my hand down the soft silk before folding the dress back up and walking into the closet and putting the dress back into the chest on top of the muddy red slippers.

"And why's that?" She asked standing by the door as I closed the chest. Dust flying in the air as I locked it and pushed it away.

"Well because I only wore that dress twice. I was about two years younger than you. This was after the Tourney of Harrenhall when King Aerys demanded I be fostered in Kings Landing

The first time I wore this dress was the day I was informed that Rhaegar had kidnapped Aunt Lyanna." I explained closing the door behind me leaving the dress locked in the chest as I hoped to never lay eyes on it again.

"And the second time?" She asked looking up at me.

"The second time I wore it was the day the rebellion begun." I said as she looked away trying to figure out when that was.

"But the rebellion began with Aunt Lyanna's kidnapping." She said as I nodded

"Yes." I said walking back over to the window.