10. Proper Introductions and First Dates

As the month slowly went by both boys started to get closer. The second always hinting at his like for the first and the first playing dumb. It was a constant game, but the first wanted to make sure the second boy was over his feelings for the married man before he jumped into anything.

Him and Tyler ended things soon after the second boy came into the shop crying. Tyler was understanding about it, but the two didn't remain friends. It's too awkward, especially because Tyler knows about the other boys feelings.

The snow on the ground outside is crisp and white, people's footprints falling all around. The first boy looks at them as he sips his tea. He came early today to prepare himself for what he's about to do. Today's the day.

When the familiar bell chimes on the door his heart goes into overdrive and his eyes move to watch the other boys lanky figure move to the counter. The feelings have been building up and up and they're finally ready to burst. What he feels is infatuation. He doesn't even know the boys name, but he has his face memorized and his voice on a loop in his head.

The second boy walks over and grins at him before taking his regular seat. He has cookies again today and the first boy smiles at that. He turns to face him fully and clears this throat.

"Hi," he says softly, shy and sweet. The second boy just smiles back, innocent and sweet.

"Hi."

"I'm Louis," the first boy finally introduces himself and the second boy seems taken aback before his eyes light up.

"Hi, Louis. I'm Harry," he replies and Louis now understands what Harry meant when he said he loved the way the man said his name. The way Louis' name rolls off Harrys tongue so sweetly, like it's made for only him to speak.

"Harry," Louis repeats to himself and the boy across from him smiles and nudges his foot gently. His eyes are locked on Louis' face.

"So, Harry, I have a question," Louis finally speaks and Harry hums around his cookie, crumbs on the side of his mouth.

"Will you go on a date with me?" Louis asks and he watches in amusement as the boys eyes go wide and his mouth slightly opens in surprise. Louis doesn't have time to worry about if it's a bad reaction because the other boy is agreeing within seconds.

"Yeah. Yeah. I mean like sure," he rambles and Louis laughs gently at him and sips his tea.

"When do you want to go?" Harry asks and Louis gently places his tea down and tilts his head.

"We could go now. It's never too late for dinner," Louis suggests and Harry nods and stands from his seat.

"Sounds perfect."

Louis just grins and slips on his coat. He's surprised when Harry reaches over to grab his hand and his hand is much bigger than Louis' tiny one.

"Finally," someone mutters. Both boys turn to face the counter and see the old lady that serves them everyday watching them with a smile. "I've been waiting for this moment."

Harry laughs and Louis blushes at the comment and they both wave as they leave the small shop. The air outside is cold, but Louis is warm.

The only thing left in the cafe is the half eaten cookie and the tea. Both boys forget about that though as they talk aimlessly to each other. Louis decides he likes this.