Chapter 4 (TW): That Night

Apollo goes to check on Klavier after the guitar catches on fire. He sees Klavier yelling/being angry at a stagehand and is sent into memories of what happened the night of Phoenix's trial, the first night Kristoph abused him. Apollo ends up crying himself to sleep in Klavier's arms, who takes him home. (Trucy gets a ride home with Miles) On the way back to his apartment, Klavier realizes with horror what is carved on Apollo's back.

Apollo hurried to the backstage area, eager to check on the lead star of the Gavinners. He and Trucy had been watching the show, one enjoying it more than the other. At least until the special guest was brought out. Apollo was shocked to find out it was the woman who had talked him down earlier.

The attorney had been in the middle of a panic attack when hands gently, but firmly, grabbed his. Apollo jerked his gaze upwards to see a woman was the owner of the hands. Most of her head was hidden by the hood, but he could see deep brown hair and eyes. Her mouth was covered by a piece of cloth, but he could hear her speaking something. It was in a different language than the two he knew, so Apollo had no idea what she was saying. When the woman realized this, she switched to a halted English.

Apollo had calmed down with her help and was able to rejoin Trucy without raising any suspicions. From there they watched the concert, Apollo slowly enjoying himself more and more.

At least until the guitar caught on fire.

He doubted that the rockstar would set one of his own guitars on fire. Especially considering how shocked and panicked he was during the ordeal. However, there was always one part of him that told him otherwise.

Trucy had opted to stay out in the audience, sensing that Apollo needed to talk to Klavier alone. He felt nervous about leaving her alone in the middle of the crowd, but Trucy knew how to handle herself without him hovering. Apollo knew the way to the right dressing room as he had already been there multiple times that night.

Apollo opened the door to Klavier's dressing room, his name on his lips. The moment the door opened though, he was greeted by a sound that grated against his being.

"What was that?! I wasn't told about that!"

"I'm sorry sir! We're asking management right now!"

"Good! Because I'd like to know what happened! I play rock and roll, not great balls of fire!"

"Yes, sir! Sorry, sir!" The stagehand rushed past Apollo, muttering an apology when she bumped into him. Prosecutor Gavin exhaled angrily, running a hand through his hair. And finally saw Apollo standing there in shock.

"Ah! Herr Forehead! I thought you were still enjoying the show with fräulein Magician?"

Apollo tried to speak, but no words came out of his open mouth. He didn't know what to say. Prosecutor Gavin's eyebrows knitted together as Apollo's silence continued.

"Herr Forehead? What's wrong?" The blond approached, obviously concerned. Apollo flinched away the moment he got close and curled into himself more. Prosecutor Gavin's eyebrows were almost a perfect V now at his actions. "Apollo?"

Apollo barely heard him over the roar of blood in his ears. He struggled to get his breathing under control. He struggled to fight against what he knew what was coming. Apollo didn't want to appear weak. Not in front of him. Not in front of-

"I think it's time you come crashing back down to Earth, Justice."

Before Apollo could say anything, a hand grabbed the back of his throat. Not hard enough to cut off any air but hard enough to make it hurt. A whimper let out of his throat before it could be stopped. He didn't know what was going on, he didn't know what was going to happen.