C l o u d e d

Friday

Friday...

Saint had been avoiding Meech since she saw him at the mall at the beginning of the week. Jazmine had been picking her up instead of Meech . She didn't want to admit that she was in her feelings , which caused her to climb back into her shell. After they left the mall , her and her mother stopped at Best Buy and she purchased a smaller camera. Her mother bought it so she wouldn't have to lug around her Cannon . It had come in handy so far , she took pictures the next day for Bianca's photo shoot . She was ecstatic but kinda missed Bertha. Now it was Friday the day before Bianca's dinner and day before she was going to get her car.

"Wassup? What you don't fuck with me no more ?", Meech asked as he sat down at their usual lunch . "Don't you have some groupies to entertain ?" , she asked as she scrolled through her Instagram . "Oh shit , really I thought you of all people knew I wasn't about that " , he replied . She didn't look up and he grabbed her phone . "Look Saint , I fuck with you but you not about to ignore me . Use your fucking words..", Meech spoke . "Just leave me alone please I'm good on you", she replied . "Damn that's how it is , thought we were better than that ?". "I guess you thought wrong , bye", Saint replied getting up from the table .

Meech just nodded , he knew she was probably jealous he was hanging with girls but she should just say that . He had bigger shit to worry about though , he had to go back home for the weekend . There was a family meeting taking place and he needed to be in attendance . "Are you coming to our practice today ?", the girl Ashley walked up to him and asked as she caught up to him outside of the cafeteria . "Nah , I got some shit to do ", he replied checking his phone . "Oh wow , ok well call me later", she told him . He gave her a head nod and kept walking . He was over the day , so he left school to pack for Detroit . He knew it was Bianca's birthday but its not like they were long time friends, he had really just met the girl family was more important.

Three Hours Later..

"What's wrong with you ?", Bianca asked Saint . They were picking up Bianca's birthday dress from the seamstress. "Nothing", Saint mumbled as they walked to Jazmine's car. "What did Meech do?", Jazmine asked and Saint shrugged. Ever since she had been phanging with Meech, she had been so lively and more out spoken . The girls noticed since she hadn't been with him , she crawled back into her shell . She was withdrawn from everything , which was in fact a coping mechanism for her because of her childhood she retreated to what she knew. "Get out of your feelings, you get the whip this weekend. We pulling up real cute tomorrow night, what you thinking about getting?", Jazmine asked as they got in the car and exited the parking lot. "Something cute, but I really want a Lexus. I am so mad because Demetrius was supposed to go with me . Ugh!". "Girl who is that?", Bianca asked . "Meech , I swear you are slow". "Well what happen with ya'll, thought ya'll was BFF's?", Jazmine asked clueless. Saint just shrugged and remained quiet the rest of the ride.

Pretty soon they pulled up to Saint's house , she said her goodbyes and noticed all the downstairs lights were on. She slowly opened the door and saw her mother passed out on the couch with the music loud. There was an empty bottle of Barcardi next to her and she was talking gibberish, Saint felt defeated at this point. She couldn't even cry because she was accustomed to it but just wondered what caused this . "Ma, get up", she told her . "Get the fuck off of me you little bitch , you know you ruined my life. You just good for nothing ,you really ain't shit you hear me . Get the fuck off my arm ", her mother slurred . Saint just let go and went upstairs . After so many years of emotional and verbal abuse ,she had started to believe it all. Slowly , she was sinking back into the shell she fought to escape. Going into her bedroom bathroom, she grabbed a ziplock bag that she hadn't touched in years . Grabbing a fresh razor blade , she slid onto the floor and begin to cut on her leg . She let out a sigh and begin to cry ...

The Next Morning

Saint woke up on the bathroom floor and noticed the blood on her hands and legs. She couldn't believe she'd done it , but it felt great . She had been to therapy for years for this very reason but between her not talking Meech , who became her saving grace and her mother she was lost. Collecting herself she went into her bedroom and grabbed her phone. She had 6 mixed calls from Jazmine , she would call her back when she cleaned herself up. For some reason she wandered downstairs to see the placed trashed . She saw her mother balled up in a corner rocking back and forth . This really felt like a blast from her past and she was't ready to deal with it.

She cleaned the living room up and eventually got he mother to go to sleep . She was so disappointed because her mother was supposed to be taking her to the dealership. Looking at her phone , it was 11:49am and she was supposed to be at the place by 1pm. Realizing she wouldn't get there on time , she called the one person that had been keeping her sane these last few weeks . She had to be honest with him about herself and her feelings. She found his contact and hit the call button . "Hello", his deep voice was like music to her ears . "I need someone to talk to ...", she broke down in tears as she slip down her bedroom door...