N o M o r e R o o t s

November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018

A couple of days before Thanksgiving , Saint and Meech drove through the heavy traffic of Detroit to Meech's grandmothers house . They had flown in this morning to spend the holiday with Meechs family . He had warned her that his family was dysfunctional, however he did want her to meet them . After exposing her to his secret lifestyle , he felt he wanted to put the other pieces to the puzzle .

After a 30minute drive from his home he shared with his uncle , he pulled his Aston Martin into his grandmother's driveway . Meech wanted to make his rounds before he went in the house , because he didn't have plans to be around people until Thanksgiving.

"Wow this place is beautiful ", Saint looked in amazement

"Wow this place is beautiful ", Saint looked in amazement ."Yeah it's pretty big, my grandmother has been the only black person on this block since the late 80's", he replied as they exited the car . They both got out of the car while Meech led them into the house . "Nana!!!!", he yelled after opening the door with his key . "In the kitchen! Boy stop yelling in my house ", she yelled back. He led the way to the kitchen , which seemed to be on the other side of the home . Walking in his grandmother stood 5'6 in her workout gear cooking breakfast .

Ms. Ida was 65 years young and wasn't aging for anyone . "And who is this ?", she asked with a smile, as she turned away from the stove giving Meech a hug . "Nana, this is my girlfriend Saint . Saint this is my grandmother Ms. Ida", Meech spoke sitting on a bar stool. Ms. Ida pulled Saint in for a hug and looked her up and down . "You are so pretty , you call me Nana", Ms. Ida told her . Saint smiled bashfully while replying , "Ok Nana" .

After Ms. Ida finished cooking , she called Saint and Meech to eat . There was fried chicken , yams, baked Mac & cheese with collard greens. They washed their food down with Pepsi and shared small talk. Once they finished eating , Meech showed Saint around the house and showing her baby pictures . She laughed at most of them but thought he was such a cutie .

  She laughed at most of them but thought he was such a cutie

"I'm gonna take you to meet my aunt K , she's flying in from Atlanta tonight ", he told her

"I'm gonna take you to meet my aunt K , she's flying in from Atlanta tonight ", he told her . "Cool ", she replied as she scrolled on her phone . They had settled in the movie theater watching old black classics . Meech's favorite movie is Friday and since she had known him , they'd watched it 20 times . "You had to have watched this 1000 times before, you don't get sick of it?", she asked . "Nope", he replied .

SaintNoLaurent

Liked by Jazzy_Pha and 445 others SaintNoLaurent Gangsta Grillin EmView 100 Comments10 Minutes Ago

SaintNoLaurent Gangsta Grillin Em
View 100 Comments
10 Minutes Ago

"You stay on the Gram", he laughed snatching her phone and running . She chased him around the theater until they landed on a big bean bag in the corner . He started to tickle her and she went crazy . "You stay on the Gram too", she finally replied . "Yeah because you on there ", he told her . Saint begin to blush , but instead of a sweet moment he snatched her phone and ran again.

Home was a blur to Meech at this point , Detroit was his roots but Miami felt more like home . Miami was home until he was 9  and then he moved to Detroit to live when he his dad went to prison .  He was getting comfortable in Atlanta though and he enjoyed being a normal 17 year old . Looking forward to graduating and as of lately going to college . That is what he wanted to discuss with his uncle T over the holiday . This was only supposed to be temporary but meeting Saint and seeing her fulfill her photography dreams. He wanted to fulfill his as well, breaking generational curses and going to college .

Walking to the kitchen for seconds , they saw Ms. Ida grabbing her coat and about to walk out . "Where you going Nana?", Meech asked . "To the mall , you wanna go if so you driving ", she replied . He nodded in agreement and Saint was right behind them.

2hrs later in Atlanta, Georgia

Jazmine cruised through Atlanta in Dough's Bentley coupe,  on her way to get her hair braided

Jazmine cruised through Atlanta in Dough's Bentley coupe, on her way to get her hair braided . She was trying to get her hair braided for Thanksgiving , her family was coming to her aunts house . As she was pulling into the braiding shop lot , her phone started ringing . "Hello", she answered . "You wanna have dinner tonight ?", Bianca asked . "I'll let you know I'm getting my hair braided and I have Dough's car . Had to run out since my aunt is off for the week", she replied . "Ok call me when you are done ", Bianca told her and they said their goodbyes.

Getting out of the car , she walks toward the door of
the braiding shop and she saw a familiar face . At this point she felt like she was being stalked and it was getting annoying . She rolled her eyes in the back of her head and tried to avoid the person . "Yeah just keep walking and acting like you don't see me little bitch ", the person spoke . "Yep I'm a little bitch so why are you so pressed , you in your 20's. Your insecure ass can make me the scape goat all you want but Keenon still gonna dog you out with your stupid ass", she stood face to face with Catelyn. The next thing she knew , Catelyn spit at her and  Jazmine sprayed mace in her eyes . "You nasty bitch !", Jazmine yelled walking around a struggling Catelyn to go into the braiding shop ..