at last i see the light *trigger*

so it's been a while....

She laid in front of me, tubs, ivy's, and a heart monitor all attached to her. I held her hand carefully with my thumbs brushing over her knuckles, carefully. My other hand, in a fist, holding my tired head up as I closed my eyes. "Remington?" Emersons voice questioned from the doorway.

My eyes opened and looked towards his direction. Emerson stood in the doorway holding two cups of coffee, "I brought you some because I knew you would need it." He told me as he walked in, handing me one and sitting in the other chair, "Anything" He questioned.

I shook my head no. "Nothing. They said she would wake up today too." I replied.

"The day isnt over yet, Rem." Emerson said, looking down to his feet.

"Yeah" I sighed, "I know."

~~~~~~~~

"Remington?"

"I brought you some because I knew you would need it."

"Anything"

"Nothing. They said she would wake up today too."

"The day isnt over yet, Rem."

"Yeah" they sighed, "I know."

I could hear. I could feel. But I just cant wake up. I want to but my whole body just isnt ready. I dont remember anything about how I got here, but I know that Remington is in my room.

He puts his hand on mine and I squeeze his hand. "Emerson? Did you see that?" Remington asked his brother.

"See what?" Emerson questioned.

"She just squeezed my hand." Remington said.

And I did it again, "She did it again." Remington said.

His hopes rose and so did my will to wake up. My eyes opened and I saw Remington freaking out. "Oh my god! Emerson go get her doctor! Now!" Remington said.

"Baby it's me, I'm right here." Remington said, grabbing both of my hands in his.

"W-" I tried to speak but I just ended up coughing heavily.

"Shh don't speak yet, just wait till your doctor gets here." Remington told me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

my doctor walked in and smiled, "Hello Charile. Do you need water?" He asked me.

I nodded and he went over to the fridge, in my room, and grabbed a bottle of water. He handed it to me and I took a drink, "I- dont remember what happened." I said.

"Uh Charlie, you tried to- uh." Remington couldnt even finish what he was gonna say without tears falling.

I knew what he meant. "We were given two options for you." My doctor looked at his clipboard, "you can either go to rehabilitation for about 2 years, or take therapy for 3." he told me.

No.

I hated therapy and I wasnt leaving Remington for 2 years.

"No." I snapped.

"Baby-"

"No." I repeated.

"Angel you have to choose." Remington said.

"I dont want any of it." I muttered.

"Charlie, you tried to end your life. Look around, you dont really have any other choices." Emerson butted in.

"Its either you dont see anybody for 2 years, or you have to face your fear for 3." Remington said.

"What do you suggest?" I questioned, looking up at him.

"I want to see you everyday and drive you to therapy instead of not seeing you everyday." Remington answered.

"Then that's my choice." I said.

"Charlie.."

"No. I am going with what you suggested." I said.

~~~~~~~~~

A month later and I'm actually doing a bit better. That's only because Remington promises Starbucks after every session, every week.

"You ready?" Remington questioned, grabbing his keys.

I groaned and walked out with him. "I guess so." I sighed.

###############

okay so I know this is a finished book, but i just thought of this and soooooooo hi again.

make sure you read Lieseil and oxygen and say hello to your fellow citizens.

-sarah 👊😞