XXXIX

The Queen

Four months earlier

Apollo's P.O.V.

'Rose? What are you doing here?' She stumbled through the Olympinis door. She looked like she had already drunk a little bit.

'Hayden is leaving me.' She said, sitting down at the bar with me.

'What?! What happened?' I asked shocked. They had been together for years and it was a matter of time before they were going to get engaged and marry.

'He's in love with somebody else.' She said as tears began running down her cheeks. I always felt sorry for her. She always seemed so keen to live her life with Hayden, while he settled.

'I'm so sorry Rose.' I said, patting her back.

'What am I going to do? We planned out entire future together. How can I go on without him?' She cried.

'I know it seems bad right now, but you can live without him. I'm sure you will find somebody who will appreciate you and love you more than he did.' I tried to reassure her.

'You're right.' She said, raising her glass to me.

'You're a great catch, don't sell yourself short.' I said with a smile.

'He's a King. My parents wanted me to marry well and now look at me. He's in love with that human. I know he is. I can see the way he looks at her and takes care of her. He's ignored me for weeks, supposedly busy with work, but it's her.' She shook her head. I knew they were working together on Earth, but I hadn't realised things were so serious. I assumed she felt lonely, because he was away.

'You'll be okay. I promise. Thing's will work out.' I smiled.

'How can you promise me that?!' She yelled annoyed. I felt I was causing more trouble than helping, so I decided to leave.

'I'm sorry, you're right. I'll leave you alone.' I got up from my seat and flung my jacker over my shoulder.

'No. I'm sorry. I'm just upset. Don't leave me here alone.' She stared at me with her begging eyes. I couldn't help myself. I sat back down with a smile and she leaned her head on my shoulder. I could feel her eyes examining my face. She slowly lifted her face and began to move closer, before leaning in towards my lips to kiss me.

'Rose?! What are you doing?!' I moved away, dodging her kiss.

'Please, I feel so worthless.' She cried.

'You're not worthless Rose.' She continued to stare at me with her gorgeous eyes and I gave in, kissing her.

E.O.Fb.

Hayden's P.O.V.

'I'm sorry, that was really unprofessional.' I said, taking a step away from her. 'What are you doing here?' I asked, walking over behind my desk.

'I need a pass for Olympus.' She said, coming to stand by my desk. She wiped her cheeks clean and looked up at me with a short smile.

'You were invited to Harleys and Rory's party?' I asked confused.

'Uhm... kind of. Is that okay?' She asked timid. She looked so good already, I wasn't sure my urges could handle, seeing her dressed up.

'Of course. Here.' I handed her a pass with a smile.

'Thank you.' She replied, returning a smile.

'I look forward to seeing you there.' I said and she turned around to leave. She stopped by the door and waited for another second, looking over at me.

'I'm really sorry Hayden.' She said, before closing the door and leaving. My heart was breaking even more. I wanted her more than ever before and finally, I could have her.

Evelyn's P.O.V.

I felt heartbroken. It took everything inside me, not to go to my room and cry a river. I missed him so much and he was in so much pain. I wanted to be there for him, to support him, but that wasn't my place. I had Phoenix. As agreed, I went to meet Penelope at the salon to do our hair. I wasn't sure that it was my place to tell her anything, so I didn't. Since my dress was so simple, I only asked for some curls and hair spray. Penelope had everything under the sun done to her hair. Curl and straighten, spray and glitter and even fake little while flowers. She said her dress was flowery, so she chose light pink make up. As we continued to get pampered, we hardly noticed who was in the salon. Penelope continued to talk about her beautiful dress and it only made me feel embarrassed about mine. As she spoke, somebody began to approach us.

'I see why the boys are so keen on you Miss Lockwood.' Harley was standing behind us and we both jumped from our seats, bowing to her. She smiled enjoying our horror.

'It's a pleasure to meet you.' I said with a smile and she smiled as well.

'I've heard all about Penelope's dress. What about you Miss Lockwood?' She asked curious. 'I hope you won't outshine me at my own party.' Her smile was as bright as the sun. Her curly, soft hair hung over her shoulders and fell to her back. She looked perfect. The most perfect woman in the world.

'Oh, it's a simple dress.' I smiled timid, looking down to my lap as I sat back down. 'Thank you so much for inviting me to your celebration.' I said with a smile, moving on from the dress. She gracefully nodded her head.

'May I?' She said, taking my hand from my lap and into hers. I had never seen her before, not even a picture, but I had read plenty of things about her. She was able to read people's thoughts and see inside their head. I was worried she would see my feelings for Hayden. I didn't want her exposing me in front of everybody at her party, especially now that I was dating Phoenix. 'I look forward to seeing you both at my celebration.' She smiled again, letting go off my hand and gracefully, gliding out of the salon.