A Healthy Mind Is A Fantastic Bribe

Kakashi is trying to be helpful. He's 2/3 successful.

Sakura is secretly groomed to be the responsible one.
________________________________________

"Are you sure this is healthy, Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asked.

"I find that having an outlet to get your anger out is quite beneficial actually," Kakashi smiled down at his only female student.

Sakura eyed him suspiciously. "Where did you hear that from?"

"Iruka." he answered.

"Lies." she dismissed.

"Very good. How could you tell?"

"Because Iruka-sensei wouldn't tell you this so freely. He knows better than any of us how much you'll do something stupid with said information."

Kakashi made a wounded look. "Have you no faith in your sensei?" he frowned and tried to give her the puppy look.

Sakura gave a blank stare as she jabbed her thumb towards the activity that's happening behind her.

Sasuke was spewing streams of flames, causing the area around him to glow bright as he sets his surroundings on fire. Somewhere deeper in the forest, the sound of Naruto cackling echoed around as flashes of orange could be seen darting between the trees.

"To be fair, this forest has insane regenerative speed and is almost fireproof so there's no worry about killing the ecosystem. There's a reason why Death Forest is such a popular spot for us jounins to go crazy a bit." Kakashi defended.

Kakashi doesn't understand how a small child like her was able to give him such disappointed eyes. It almost look scarily similar to Iruka's. Did she take extra lessons with him behind his back? Kakashi doesn't know how to feel about this.

"Well, at least your reasoning is sound so I'll let it slide." she sighs.

... who died and made her leader of this team? Wait, you know what? Kakashi actually doesn't want to know the answer.

(Kakashi swears he saw a glimpse of red hair just now but chose not to think about it)

"Nevermind that. Why don't you join the boys?"

Now she's staring at him as if he's both crazy and stupid.

"What? What did I say wrong now?"

"Sensei, I have lower chakra levels compared to those two monsters. They're powerhouses. Not me. I would literally die if I go as crazy as them." she explained patiently.

That... makes sense actually. Kunoichi usually have lower chakra levels but have better fine control compared to their male counterparts which is why most of them ended up as either a medic or a kunoichi that specialises in genjutsus.

The best course of action Kakashi could take is to make her get interested in either of those but somehow... somehow it just doesn't feel right for her.

Crouching down low enough to be on her eye-level, he tries to pick his words so he could gently tell her that it's okay to not be as strong as the boys. "Sakura, there is zero chance of you to be on the same level with Sasuke and Naruto."

Yes, it seems like Kakashi still has his ability to do the opposite of what he meant. This is why he doesn't want to be a teacher.

As if reading his mind, Sakura gave him a consoling pat on his shoulder and an understanding look. "It's okay, Kakashi-sensei. We all know how useless you are with emotions."

Kakashi made an offended noise at that.

"If it makes you feel any better, at least you're better than Sasuke."

That actually does made him feel a little bit better.

"... have you been studying with Iruka on how to manipulate people?"

The sweet smile she's giving him neither confirm nor deny that claim. Just like a Caregiver. He felt a bit betrayed. He's the sensei now, not Iruka.

"I'll tell you Iruka-sensei's favorite place to eat if you teach me how to walk on trees and water before you teach the boys," she offered.

"Deal."