Chapter 11 - Abducted

Start from the beginning

Amagiri sighed but didn't say anything in return. Shiranui looked uninterested and rather put off by the fact that he wasn't able to have a good fight.

"Let's go," I said simply and walked out of the Shinsengumi's headquarters towards the business district.

We had to meet with some of the Satsuma clan members to discuss their plans of how to deal with the Choushu that was slowly trying to overthrow the Bakufu. I was irked and not really thrilled to serve under humans even though they had protected us Oni but it was only right for us to return the favor. I wished to finish dealing with these humans as soon as possible and return to the west with Sara.

Discussions with the Satsuma were boring and I barely paid attention to it until they spoke about where the Choushu were stirring trouble and how they would have to join hands with the Shinsengumi again to put them down. It wasn't something I was pleased about because it would mean having to not kill any of the Shinsegumi members – well, I suppose it didn't matter to me if the Satsuma wished to ally with those dogs. I would fight the Choushou while keeping my fight with the Shinsengumi personal for courtesy sake. I would do my best to not kill them, at least.

Having finished with the discussion, I left the Satsuma Compound and headed back to my quarters while Amagiri and Shiranui decided to loiter around for a while before they met up with me. I sighed deeply watching the humans I passed by, amused by their happy chatter. They were so carefree and so unintelligent and I sometimes wondered how they had managed to survive and thrive unlike us Oni. It was so rare to find a pureblood Oni now and even rarer to find a pureblood female Oni. Our kind had to unite in order to continue the pureblood status no matter what. Chizuru was foolish to abandon it and it seemed that Sara was too – she had resisted my advances on the few run-ins we had but I wasn't ready to give up so easily. She had the Shinsengumi backing her but humans couldn't match up to the power of a true Oni like myself...and they and Sara would soon find out the hard way. She would become my mate one way or another.

I stalled walking and twitched upon getting her scent all of a sudden. I smirked and followed it – it was sweet and fruity, a scent that I found to be quite alluring unlike Chizuru's that was the typical flowery scent that any female Oni possessed. I followed the scent and spotted her walking a little away from where I was. Well, she appeared to be stomping furiously, her face contorted in anger, and I smirked wider in amuse.

"The nerve of that man!" she hollered to herself and came to a stop after a few moments. She glared while looking behind her and scoffed, "If it wasn't for Kondo san's friendship with that git and the necessity of a combined force, I would have smacked him right across the face! No, that's not right. I should have punched him square in the jaw like I wanted to instead of walking away silently! Ugh! That aside, where in the world am I right now?"

"Do you often talk to yourself when you're angry?" I mused while approaching her as she looked around while trying to figure out where she was.

"What do you want?" she hissed, glaring at me. "I'm not in the mood to be dealing with you at the moment."

"I can see you're not in a good mood but I'm sure you're aware of what I want...and there's no one to play the role of your savior today."

She scoffed, looking away from me and then said, "Have you forgotten that I know how to fight too? And I'm rather pissed off at the moment so you should just leave before I-"

"But you should be well aware of the difference in our strengths," I interrupted. "Even with your Oni powers, you still cannot beat me because you're a female."

"How does me being a girl have anything to do with not being strong enough?? Honestly! All this gender discrimination is starting to get really annoying!" she yelled and it only amused me more.