Chapter 6: Public Awareness

Can and Sanem have let their parents, family and closest friends about their love and now they decided together to go public, social media public after all it was Valentine's day which was all about love. Both Can and Sanem have tons of pictures of one another and themselves on their phones are were ready to share with the world. Can's Instagram and Facebook are filled with pics of his beautiful Sanem with her radiant smile and Sanem's was filled with Can and his beautiful eyes so full of love for her. They both knew that it was only a matter of time before the wolves started commenting on their statuses.
The first comment was one of support from friends like Sanem's best friend, Ayhan who replied with a "Congratulations, I always knew it. Much love and best wishes to you both ❤️❤️". Sanem smiled and vowed to call her friend so they could talk about it. Can received comments like "what", "when" and just plain on ????". Can smiled because he knew that those that knew him also knew that he never got close to people, other than a few close friends from his childhood, and that he never wanted to be "tied down" in a relationship with a woman. They knew him as a free spirit that roamed all over the world. He realized that his need to roam and be free was no longer there but had been replaced with a strong desire to settle and best. ** Is this what it means to being love and to feel loved in return**

The onslaught of social media responses and comments didn't stop for either for about a week. Women from Can's past, including Polen, just could not believe that he was publicly declaring his love for someone. People from Sanem's neighborhood were commenting on the fact that they were so different that they could not for see it working out". Can and Sanem did not let the haters and the skeptics ruin their love or relationship, in fact they became closer and stronger, together.

They were approached every where they went some welcomed and some not so much. They initially were frustrated especially Sanem cause she was not used to public recognition but Can being a famous photographer was. He encouraged Sanem to just ignore people that were negative and sometimes even downright hurtful and to only focus on the positive and to know that " I love you more than the stars in the night sky". Sanem was able to develop a thicker skin and began to ignore the negativity that surrounded them from time to time. After about 3 weeks of constant comments and public remarks, things seemed to die down.

Can and Sanem continued to work hard and create successful campaigns for the agency all the while taking time for one another and their relationship. Can recognized that he had never been happier and that Sanem brought so much light, joy, happiness and pure love into his life. He knew that now that he had found it, he didn't want to ever live without it!! He acknowledged the next logical step that he needed to make...