21 | nightshifter ¹

BANSHEE

21 | nightshifter ¹

21 | nightshifter ¹

Sam and Dean were suited up, Abigail reluctantly wearing a black pinafore dress which hugged her skin. She stood beside Sam, interrogating the manager while Dean was either interrogating a worker or trying to sleep with her.

     "Sir, tell us about Helena," Abigail instructed.

     "Helena was our head buyer. She... She was family, you know? She said it herself, every year at the Christmas party. She said we were the only family she had."

     "So there were never any signs that she'd do something like this?"

     "No. Still can't believe it, even now. That night, Helena came back to the store after closing. Cleaned out all the display cases, and the safe. Edgar, our night watchman, he caught her in the act. He didn't know what to do, he'd known her for years. He called me at home," the manager said.

     "And that's when she took his gun?" Abigail asked, trying her hardest to show sympathy.

     "She shot him in the face. I heard him die. Over the phone."

     "Any idea what her motive could have been?"

     "What motive? It makes no sense. Why steal all those diamonds, all that jewelry, and then what? Just dump it somewhere, just hide it, and then go home and..." the manager paused.

     Abigail nodded her head. "I'm gonna take a look around, if that's all right," she announced. She unconsciously placed a hand on Sam's arm as she walked away.

     Abigail wandered around the store, letting her eyes wander. She stopped in the spot where Helena shot Edgar and lowered herself to her knees. She placed her hand on the floor, hoping it would give her some idea of what happened.

     It never.

     Abigail rose to her feet and looked around, her eyebrows furrowed together. She looked around, her eyes falling to a security camera. She once more approached Sam and the manager.

     "Can we see the security tapes from that night?" Abigail asked.

     "No. The police, they took all the tapes, first thing," he answered.

     "Of course they did," Dean said, appearing beside them all. He flashed Frannie's number at Sam and Abigail.

     Abigail rolled her eyes. "Thank you for your time," she thanked the manager and walked from the building with the brothers trailing behind her.