EPILOGUE

BANSHEE

act one | epilogue

act one | epilogue

Medics rushed around the scene of the crash, paying most attention to state of Dean Winchester and Abigail Richardson. Sam Winchester had woken, asking immediately for Abigail in fear. His questions were left unanswered.

Abigail's helmet had been removed, blood blending with her red hair. Her eyes were closed, dried blood over her face. Glass from the screen of her helmet had been wedges into the skin on her face. Her nose was clearly broken and so was left her leg, which had been twisted in an unnatural position on the ground.

     Behind her closed eyes, a dream (which set off déjà vu to Abigail) played.

     "I will be back for you," a man with dark grey hair spoke. He ran his hand down the side of the child's face as she clutched to her small toy. The man stood upright, the tears glistening in his eyes not visible to the girl who wasn't paying attention.

Snow slowly fell around them, the child unaware of what was happening. She smiled giddily and sat in the falling snow.

It played on a loop, each time feeling even more real. It was endless — an endless cycle of happiness.

A tear slipped from the corner of her closed eye as she was raised into the ambulance.

Sam looked over from where he lay, in too much pain to move. "Is she okay?" His question stayed unanswered. "Please, tell me she's okay. I-I need to tell her something."

"She's alive," the nurse assured, hoping to calm Sam's nerves.

It never. 'Okay' and 'alive' were two different things.

Abigail was on the rescue helicopter, Sam trying to talk to the nurses. Her eyes opened at the sound of his voice. She coughed, sitting up slightly. Blood left the corner of her mouth as Sam turned to her. "Abbie!"

"Fuck!" Abigail spluttered, sitting upright and shaking the stretched. She fell back, letting out a noise of pain. She arched her back as she continued to cough. A nurse hushed her, checking the IV drip beside Abigail.

Abigail struggled in discomfort, a tearing in her skull. She bit her lip in pain as her heartbeat quickened, and ended.

"Abbie, please," Sam whispered. "Don't die. Don't you fucking die," his voice broke.

The nurse called for the doctor, crowding around her. Sam looked on in fear, letting out a breath he never knew he was holding as Abigail sat up, coughing once more.

Sam could have sworn he saw her eyes flash orange. He never said anything.

Abigail was lain back down, her heart pounding against her chest. "Make them stop," she whispered, tears pricking her eyes. "Please..."

Sam watched, his heart tearing. He reached over, and taking her hand in his. Abigail squeezed it, Sam doing the same in return to let her know he was there.