| β |

| THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE |

| 11, 225-11,220 BCE |

| POST HESTIA'S BIRTH |

"Thank you all for coming!" The King rose from his spot on his throne. He had called another assembly. "I am pleased to announce that your Queen is once again pregnant with our child!"

An eruption of murmurs erupted throughout the hall. Perseus frowned and his eyes fell to Zoë's, who was sitting across from him. Seeing the concern and frustration in her eyes, Perseus leaned forward.

"Can we do anything?" Zoë pleaded as she gazed solemnly at Lady Rhea, who was staring blankly into space. Perseus was about to respond when a sudden tug at his gut made him freeze. His eyes widened and his vision tunneled. He keeled over and a brief vision flashed through his head.

He was following his sister, Metis, through a rocky terrain. Rocks and roots threatened to trip his every step. The sky was grey, filled with dark clouds. They soon arrived at a grassy cave. Moss and vines lined the entrance like an earthy door. It looked as if Gaea herself claimed it.

The vision blurred and flickered and the scene changed. He now stood inside the cave. It was just as green as the outside. Roots wrapped around the cave in an unnatural way. Some of the roots made a small bed, others made a table. It was all odd. Someone brushed passed some roots, revealing a secret pathway Perseus did not even realize was there.

The boy looked to be in his teen years. He had on only a loincloth and was covered in sweat. He plopped himself down on a rooty chair and wiped some sweat from his brow. His hair was as white as the clouds and fell to just above his chin and his eyes were a sky blue color.

The vision faded away and he saw Zoë looking at him in concern. She was smart. If she reacted too much, she would draw attention to them. That was the last thing they needed. "Another vision?" She asked.

He nodded. As the Titan of Instinct, he would sometimes get brief visions of the future that he would participate in. "Yes. We will talk about it later. To answer your previous question, there is nothing we can do as of now. It is too risky. The King is smart and powerful. Doing anything while his followers are allowed would be foolish and get us both sent to the depths of Tartarus."

Zoë nodded somberly and turned her attention back toward the King, who was currently speaking with Atlas. "What a pleasant surprise, My Lord!" Atlas bowed to him. The King had a dark look in his eyes, one that made Perseus's stomach churn. "May I ask of the child's gender?"

"You may, Atlas," Lord Kronos chuckled. "We will be having another girl."

"Another one?" Atlas asked, his eyebrows furrowing. He looked up from his bow. "But who shall inherit your throne?"

The King clenched his jaw and his golden eyes shone with rage. "No one shall inherit my throne. I am immortal. I can live forever and I will rule forever," Lord Kronos growled. He turned toward the audience and raised his voice so that it echoed off the walls. "If I hear any of you utter such a thing again, I will cut off your tongue and throw you into Tartarus. Do I make myself clear?"

The silence was the only answer and the King smirked. "Good. You are all dismissed except for Perseus. I wish to speak to him."

Damn it, Perseus felt his blood run cold. Lord Kronos was too observant.

Despite the anxiety coursing through his veins, he schooled his face into neutrality and nodded at the King. Zoë looked at him worriedly, but he squeezed her hand underneath the table, silently telling her to relax. The room slowly dispersed until only Perseus, Lord Kronos, and Lady Rhea were left.