𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑈𝑛𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑛

*(1)*

———

"It was an accident! I didn't mean to hurt her, I swear." I pleaded to them, with hot tears streaming down my face. The police were swarming the building and they wouldn't let me leave. I was trapped at the scene of a crime if you could call it a crime that is. I was forced into this.

   Nothing is my fault. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean to make her fall. It isn't my fault.

   It was an accident.

   A mistake.

   I am not a bad person.

   I am NOT a bad person!

   ....

   ....

   Are there ever really truly good people though?

<><><>

   My head pounds as I slowly open my eyes. I find myself staring into a bright white LED light, I really could go for an Advil right now. I've been waking up with headaches for days now and the nurses think it's caused by whatever sort of head trauma I had from my accident.

   I look around and take in my surroundings, to see if anything's changed. The curtains are open, unlike yesterday, probably why it's so bright then. There are some pills in a tiny plastic cup on the table next to my bed. Some are blue, some green, and even a pink one. I don't exactly know what kind of pills they are but they are supposed to help me recover.

   I don't even know what exactly I'm supposed to be recovering from. No one will tell me anything, all I know is confusion and I have so many questions.

   I hear the door swing open and it's Nurse Yuki, the nurse who's been taking care of me since I got here. "Good morning Y/n! Glad to see you awake! Did you wake up with another headache again?" She asked me with a bit of worry in her tone.

Nurse Yuki is a sweet woman. She's in her thirties and has been working as a nurse for five years now. She's often pretty tired since she never really gets any sleep cause of her always being on call as a nurse.

   I smiled lightly, "Yes, this time it was even worse than the last." I tell her feeling awkward. I don't want to bother her. She always looks so tired and probably has more important patients than me.

   She scrunched up her face and looked tense. "Now that's no good. If it doesn't stop by tomorrow I'll have to page your doctor and see what can be done." She picks up her pen and writes something down on my chart and I just sort of stare out the window for a moment.