Chapter 7

Beck woke up in her room. She nearly screamed when she saw the boy laying beside her, snoring and covered in blood. Rowan. How did he get here? How did I get here? Beck remembered being in Amanda's room. Amanda! Is she okay?  Then she remembered hearing a strange room from in the hallway, then finding Rowan crouched over a dead body.

He must've brought me in here. But how? Beck had locked her door. She leaped out of the bed, flinging the sheets aside. She charged out into the hallway, and kicked Amanda's bedroom door open.

"Jesus!" Amanda had sprung up off her bed in surprise.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Amanda was shouting now.

"Yes... Why wouldn't I be?" She said.

Beck ran her hands through her hair, biting her bottom lip.

"It's- I- I don't know."

After a moment of hesitation, she launched into a explanation of the night before. Finding Rowan, and waking up in her own room, with Rowan in it, and everything in between. Amanda just stared at her.

"That's- That's... Something." She said after a moment of silence. 

Beck sat down beside Amanda and leaned on her shoulder. 

"It's okay, we'll get through this," Amanda reached for Beck's hand and threaded her finger's through her's, "Together."

Beck blushed and looked at Amanda through lowered lashes.

"Together."

They jumped apart, cheeks blazing as Rowan stumbled into the room.

Amanda gasped, "You didn't mention that he's covered in blood!"

She rushed over to rowan, leading him to the shower.

"Come on, you need to wash up."

Amanda left the room. Beck looked up and found Rowan, naked waist up. Before looking back down, she saw the cocky grin on his face. Amanda came back into the room, carrying some of Rowan's clothes. 

"Here, you an change into these."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day they resumed training, though everybody traveled in pairs. Beck looked around the room, searching for Rowan, but couldn't find him. Oh well. Beck returned her focus to her training. Duck, dodge, kick, punch, spin, repeat. She did this until she collapsed in a sweaty mess. As usual, thought Beck. 

"You're distracted." Said Amanda.

"Am not!"

Beck thought about looking for Rowan, then holding hands with Amanda. About the way it made her feel.

"Yeah... I guess."

Becks head whipped towards the door, as it banged open and Rowan burst through it, wide eyed. He's been doing a lot of that lately. 

"There's- There's another dead Immortal!"