Chapter 6

"Immortalists, their missing." He said, breathless. His eyes blood shot eyes darted around the room. 

"What do you mean "Immortalists are missing"?" Asked Amanda, panic creeping into her voice. 

"I mean that they haven't been seen for days!" He yelled, assaulting his hair, by viciously running a hand through, as though he was confirming that it was still messy. 

"Who?," Amanda's voice came out as a strangled sob, "Who is it... Who's gone." 

Beck wasn't sure how to feel. She hadn't gotten to know anybody other than Amanda, but know that she thought about it, she had seen Amanda talking to other people; laughing, joy sparking in her eyes. 

"Mia and Simon." Amanda shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes.

"No." She whispered, before she collapsed to the ground, body shaking with sobs. Beck rubs comforting circles on Amanda's back. Rowan timidly stepped forward, trying to help. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Beck spent the night in Amanda's room, both girls curled up in front of the T.V, staring blankly. Amanda fell asleep, tossing and turning. Beck knew she should sleep to, but her eyes refused to grow happy. Now she sat crossed legged in front of the closed, and locked door.

At first she didn't notice the odd sound coming from the hallway. It came to her slowly. She strained her ears, and heard... sobs? She crept out into the hallway, heart pounding. Is this how they kidnap people? Trick them? She followed the sound to the end of the hallway. 

"Rowan?" Beck asked, head cocked to the side. 

He didn't even turn around to look at Beck; the sobs continued. Beck carefully walked towards him. Oh my god. The sight made Beck cry out. Rowan knelt over a girl around Beck's age, blood pooling in her empty eye sockets.

"Rowan... what..." Beck couldn't think of anything to say. She thought back to his bloodshot eyes, when he came crashing into Amanda's room. Was this one of them?

Rowans voice was so quiet that she almost missed what he said.

"My- my sister," He paused in between sobs, "shes dea- dead. They killed her." Rowan started to sob again. She knelt down next to him, trying to offer him some comfort.

"Come on, we can't stay here. It's not safe."

When he didn't respond she added.

"We'll call someone... They can come get her when it's safe," When he still didn't move, Beck tugged on his arm. "Please."

"No, I can't leave her."

"Okay, then let me stay with you." 

He nodded, so Beck sat down next to him. He pulled her on to his lap. What the? Beck didn't say anything, because of his... fragile state. 

"Thank you."

Beck nodded, before falling asleep, still wrapped in Rowan's arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rowan watched her sleep, a smile dancing across his face.