Chapter 5

Beck spins and ducks dodging the blows that were sure to knock the wind out of her. She grins as she even lands a blow on Amanda. Beck ducks as she senses the next attack. Air whistles by her ear, as Amanda misses. Again.

   That grin is wiped off her face, as her feet are swiped out from under her, and shes suddenly on the ground, breathing heavily. Amanda looms over her, white teeth shining.

"I win! Again! Also you were way better today! That was a challenge! I LOVE it!" Exclaims Amanda. 

   Beck wiped sweat off her brow, panting. She jumped back up to her feet, but training was over. 

"Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will stand over your dead body!" Beck raised her fist as though making a pledge.

   Since the day before things had changed between the two Immortalist's. Beck wasn't what it was, but it was there. They joked and laughed at and with each other. Walking down the halls elbowing each other, taunting each other. They ate together. If you were to ask anyone, they'd say those two girls were basically glued to each other.

   Amanda was Becks sun. She orbited her, she adored her. They had planned for a sleepover that night. Beck had never been to a sleepover. She'd never had any friends, other than her mom. Beck suddenly grew heavy. Mom

   Beck ached for her mom. For her careless kisses (on the cheeks), her comforting hugs. She wanted to be taken care of. For her hair to be brushed out, hair done up carefully in a dutch braid. She yearned for the comfort of constant chaos her mom created through out the house. To have a p.j day and watch Twilight

"Come on! Lets go!." Amanda shouts and ran out of the room. Beck leapt up, momentarily forgetting her grief. 

   Beck ran after Amanda. Through the halls, down the stairs, up some stairs. Damn, she's fast. By the time Beck catch's up to Amanda, chest heaving. She leaned against the wall, greedily gulping down air. Sweat dripped down into her eyes, she lifts her hand and swipes it away. Amanda swings the door to her bedroom open.

   The bed is neatly made, corners drawn tight against the mattress. B.T.S posters hang from the purple wall. She has plush, pink rugs on the hardwood floor. Against the wall to the left, sits a huge bookshelf. It's jammed packed with books, and Funko pops sit in front. Beck slowly walked over to the bookshelf, aware of Amanda watching her.

   Her fingers ran along the worn spines. After, Given, City Of Bones, Throne Of Glass. All Becks favorites. 

"I didn't know you liked to read." Said Beck accusingly. Amanda had even made fun of her for squealing over books. The other girl just shrugs.

"We all have our secrets." She says mischievously, eyes glinting. Beck felt that there was more to that, but didn't push it. Beck glances at the flat screen T.V.

"What movie are we gonna watch?" Asks Beck quizzically. Amanda looks thoughtful for a moment, before answering.

"I don't know... How about Twilight?" She asks innocently. Beck looked down, tears welling up in her eyes. Twilight. That was her and her mom's movie. One they would watch when Beck had, had a rough day at school. 

"What's wrong? You good B?" She asks, nervelessly twirling a stand of hair between her fingers. Beck sighed, meeting Amanda's gaze.

"It's just I-" Beck takes a deep breath before continuing. "That was a movie, my mom and I used to watch when- When I was feeling down or feeling bad about myself." 

   Beck crossed her arms over her chest, suddenly embarrassed. she could feel the heat spreading across her face, in  a blush. Amanda softly grips Beck's wrists, pulling her onto the king sized bed. 

"Hey, I'm sorry... I didn't know," She takes a deep breath. "I also miss my mom, she's all I have. Then- then suddenly I thrown into the world of Immortalist's." 

"Are we allowed to leave. To visit them I mean." said Beck hopefully. Amanda shakes her head and looks down at her lap, then to their intertwined hands. 

"Were considered dangerous. To ourselves I mean. They used to let the untrained I.M's out of the academy. They stopped after a new I.M got killed, by a group of demons." Beck waits for more, but Amanda stays silent. 

"Come on," Beck says, pulling Amanda off the bed. "We can still have fun."

   They had just gotten settled in, about to watch The Hunger Games. Beck agreeing that it was the best movie in existent, when the door opened with a bang. Rowan stumbled into the room, wild eyed. The two girls abruptly fell silence.

"Well hello to you to." Says Amanda sarcastically. Something in Rowans eyes filled Beck with dread. She had never seen him like this, mind you she'd only know him a few days. The words he spoke, filled her with panic. With longing to run, run and never look back. She looked into his eyes, his wild eyes, and finds that same calm she had years ago, as a lost little girl.